"Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

"Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Samoreen » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 pm

[using C1 12 Pro under Windows 10 Pro 1809]

Hi,

My Windows|Workspace menu doesn't show the "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" workspace. Is this expected ? In which case , why ?

Thanks.
Samoreen
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Samoreau, France

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Bobtographer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

because it's not logical?
Bobtographer
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 am
Location: England

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am

Bobtographer wrote:because it's not logical?

But Dual monitor - large browser is one of the built in workspaces, so logical or not, you'd expect it to be there. (I don't even have a second monitor, but it still shows up in the list for me.)

Ask Support for help?

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby OddS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Samoreen wrote:...My Windows|Workspace menu doesn't show the "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" workspace. Is this expected ?


My C1 has a workspace "Dual Monitor - Large Viewer" which may be what you are looking for.

Large browser probably means you need to hide the viewer, by default it occupies a part of the main window. Use C1 menu bar View->Viewer (Ctrl+Alt+V) to toggle viewer on off.

Use Window->Viewer (F10) to open a viewer in a separate window that you can drag to the other monitor if it opens on top of the browser. You may have to reduce viewer window size before you can drag.
OddS
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pm

OddS wrote:
Samoreen wrote:...My Windows|Workspace menu doesn't show the "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" workspace. Is this expected ?


My C1 has a workspace "Dual Monitor - Large Viewer" which may be what you are looking for.

Large browser probably means you need to hide the viewer, by default it occupies a part of the main window. Use C1 menu bar View->Viewer (Ctrl+Alt+V) to toggle viewer on off.

Use Window->Viewer (F10) to open a viewer in a separate window that you can drag to the other monitor if it opens on top of the browser. You may have to reduce viewer window size before you can drag.

No - there are two, at least in my menu, which are Dual Monitor - Large Viewer, and Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Ian3 wrote:
Bobtographer wrote:because it's not logical?

But Dual monitor - large browser is one of the built in workspaces, so logical or not, you'd expect it to be there. (I don't even have a second monitor, but it still shows up in the list for me.)

Ask Support for help?

Ian

I don't have it in my selection. And I don't expect it to be there.. I actually have 3 screens, so where's the 3 screen option?
Bobtographer
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 am
Location: England

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby SFA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Ian3 wrote:No - there are two, at least in my menu, which are Dual Monitor - Large Viewer, and Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

Ian


12.1.1 (and earlier) I have Dual Monitor - Large Viewer as a built in Workspace but not a C1 installed option named Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

I could of course create and save such an option but have not done so as I rarely plug on my external screen.
SFA
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:24 pm

SFA wrote:
Ian3 wrote:No - there are two, at least in my menu, which are Dual Monitor - Large Viewer, and Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

Ian


12.1.1 (and earlier) I have Dual Monitor - Large Viewer as a built in Workspace but not a C1 installed option named Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

I could of course create and save such an option but have not done so as I rarely plug on my external screen.

I wonder whether this is one of the differences between Capture One on Mac and Windows, then.

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby SFA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Ian3 wrote:
SFA wrote:
Ian3 wrote:No - there are two, at least in my menu, which are Dual Monitor - Large Viewer, and Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

Ian


12.1.1 (and earlier) I have Dual Monitor - Large Viewer as a built in Workspace but not a C1 installed option named Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

I could of course create and save such an option but have not done so as I rarely plug on my external screen.

I wonder whether this is one of the differences between Capture One on Mac and Windows, then.

Ian


Could be. Maybe the Workspace was created for Mac and included in the release but never made it as a default offering to Windows. Or there may be a technical constraint I suppose.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 7223
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby ClauS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Ian3 wrote:No - there are two, at least in my menu, which are Dual Monitor - Large Viewer, and Dual Monitor - Large Browser.

Ian


The fact is that, when you select Dual monitor - Large viewer in Windows, the viewer is hidden in the main app window. Consequently you've got a large browser too. You just need to move one of the windows on the second monitor.
ClauS
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Samoreen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi,

To make things clear...

I have two monitors. The main display is bigger than the secondary display and has a higher quality. That’s where I want to have the image being worked on along with the toolbar and the various tool tabs. I want the browser to be opened full screen on the secondary display. This configuration would be similar to the Lightroom workspace with 2 displays. I don’t see why this workspace configuration should be less or more logical than another workspace arrangement.

According to the documentation, I’m supposed to see a “Dual monitor - Large browser” entry in the Workspace menu. It’s not there probably because the corresponding xml file has not been installed in the application’s workspaces folder. So, I’wondering whether any user of C1 v12 under Windows has this file installed in his workspaces folder. In which case I’m interested.

Anyway, I should be able to detach the browser from the main window and move it to the secondary display. I could not find any way to do this.
Samoreen
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Samoreau, France

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby ClauS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Samoreen wrote:Hi,

To make things clear...

I have two monitors. The main display is bigger than the secondary display and has a higher quality. That’s where I want to have the image being worked on along with the toolbar and the various tool tabs. I want the browser to be opened full screen on the secondary display. This configuration would be similar to the Lightroom workspace with 2 displays. I don’t see why this workspace configuration should be less or more logical than another workspace arrangement.

According to the documentation, I’m supposed to see a “Dual monitor - Large browser” entry in the Workspace menu. It’s not there probably because the corresponding xml file has not been installed in the application’s workspaces folder. So, I’wondering whether any user of C1 v12 under Windows has this file installed in his workspaces folder. In which case I’m interested.

Anyway, I should be able to detach the browser from the main window and move it to the secondary display. I could not find any way to do this.


You can't detach the browser from the main window. You can hide the viewer (and open it in a separate window) and let the browser expand over its place (and you can move this window on the secondary monitor) but you will always have the browser and editing tool tabs together. That's why it doesn't make sense to have a double workspace setting like "Large viewer" and "Large browser". They would be basically the same thing. Also, default workspaces are nothing you can't achieve by yourself arranging tools, viewer and browser as you like. Actually you can detach any single tool by its tool tab or simply hide tools and create any floating tool you need and organize them in the main screen but you can't replicate tool tabs outside the main app window.
ClauS
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Samoreen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm

ClauS wrote:That's why it doesn't make sense to have a double workspace setting like "Large viewer" and "Large browser". They would be basically the same thing.


I disagree. Currently, I can have a large viewer and put it anywhere I want. However, as already explained, I want to have the image on which I'm currently working displayed as big as possible on my largest/best quality screen which is my main screen. Which means having the image and the tool tabs on the main screen and the browser on the secondary screen. I can't do that. Instead, I have the main window containing the browser and the tool tabs on the secondary display and the large viewer on the main screen. No choice. This is not logical because

1) I'm forced to have both toolbars visible on each screen because they are not identical in the main window and the large viewer.

2) I rarely have an application's main window on the secondary screen, especially when it opens secondary windows. Therefore, I always find myself trying to close C1 from the main screen which results in merely closing the large viewer. This also has minor but annoying side effects.

3) My system is organized in such a way that I expect main windows being on the main screen. I won't go into details here but this is what I need.

So no, having a large browser similar to a large viewer "wouldn't be basically the same thing".

Anyway, if it is possible to create an independent large viewer, I don't see any good reason for not providing the same capability for the browser.
Samoreen
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Samoreau, France

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby ClauS » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Samoreen wrote:
ClauS wrote:That's why it doesn't make sense to have a double workspace setting like "Large viewer" and "Large browser". They would be basically the same thing.


I disagree.

So no, having a large browser similar to a large viewer "wouldn't be basically the same thing".



Yes it is, because I wasn't expressing an opinion. I was stating a matter of fact based on how CO is programmed (which I had explained further in my following reply). You can't do that. I agree with you that it's not logical but it is as it is as of now. You can open a support case and suggest Phase One to change it. I'm still waiting for them to enable the auto hide feature on windows.

In the meanwhile, over and above my previous reply suggestions, you can hide the browser to have just tools and the image(s) on your main screen as you want and then bring the browser back only when you need it.
ClauS
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: "Dual Monitor - Large Browser" missing under Windows ?

Postby Samoreen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 am

ClauS wrote:You can open a support case and suggest Phase One to change it.


Already done 3 years ago :--(( .
Samoreen
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Samoreau, France

Next

Return to Capture One 12.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HugoinParis and 2 guests