Automatically reset import counter for each new import?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Automatically reset import counter for each new import?

Postby DutchieOnABudget » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello All,

Questions that I haven't been able to find answered in the forum so far:

Is there a way to automatically reset import counter for each new import?
I know I can manually reset the counter via the menu, but i would need to do that each time I do an import and I tend to forget this. In the case I do not do this, the counter keeps going up and it creates weird file names.
I import my images as follows (using tokens in ""):
"YY""MM""dd"-"Jobname"-"4-digit counter"
However, I want the counter to start on 0001 each and every time I do an import, without having to do this manually each time. Is there a way to set this as a default for this (and other) counters? :?

Also, how can I use the token "Jobname" that I define in that menu, to also be used in the sub-folder name creation? Right now I have to copy that text string from the token and paste it into the sub-folder naming section, after the other tokens.
Why is the "Jobname" not a standard token that (once filled out or defined in a preset) can be used in other definitions as well? :?

I am not behind my home computer right now, so I cannot test this or add screenshots to make it more clear..... Sorry. :roll:

Thanks in advance, Eric de Jong
DutchieOnABudget

Re: Automatically reset import counter for each new import?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 pm

DutchieOnABudget wrote:Is there a way to automatically reset import counter for each new import?
No, I am sorry.

DutchieOnABudget wrote:Also, how can I use the token "Jobname" that I define in that menu, to also be used in the sub-folder name creation? Right now I have to copy that text string from the token and paste it into the sub-folder naming section, after the other tokens.
Why is the "Jobname" not a standard token that (once filled out or defined in a preset) can be used in other definitions as well?

The Job Name token is only available for file naming, not subfolder naming.

However, the Sub Name token, which is set in the Process Recipe > File tab, can be used for both the file naming and subfolder naming.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Automatically reset import counter for each new import?

Postby DutchieOnABudget » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
DutchieOnABudget wrote:Is there a way to automatically reset import counter for each new import?
No, I am sorry.

DutchieOnABudget wrote:Also, how can I use the token "Jobname" that I define in that menu, to also be used in the sub-folder name creation? Right now I have to copy that text string from the token and paste it into the sub-folder naming section, after the other tokens.
Why is the "Jobname" not a standard token that (once filled out or defined in a preset) can be used in other definitions as well?

The Job Name token is only available for file naming, not subfolder naming.

However, the Sub Name token, which is set in the Process Recipe > File tab, can be used for both the file naming and subfolder naming.

Hi Paul,

Thank you (bedankt... :wink: )

Well, that is a little disappointing that we cannot reset this automatically. I guess I will submit a Feature request ticket soon.

And I will try to use the Sub-name token tonight, to see if I can make that work for me....
I'll be back, if I can't.

Eric.
DutchieOnABudget

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows