Capture One 13 – wish list.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: Capture One 13 – wish list.

Postby gamba123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 am

My most wanted:

• Improvements in Fit to screen Preview quality (I find them very soft, contrasty an oversaturated, working at 100% is not practical)
• Panorama stitching, with Boundary Warp (Lightroom style).
• HDR stacking
• Dehaze/Haze slider
• Able to save styles containing several layers and keeping masks selections (Is this possible as of today?)
• Dedicated color masking tool (as done with Luminance) instead of through color editor: this would make the work flow more simple, centralized and allow dynamic color reselections or adjustments
• In Clone/Heal layers ability to select different origins per brush stroke (instead of needing to create several layers)
• Sharpening: Alternative view to check fine parameters adjustment as done in Lightroom when pressing ALT (desaturated view for "sharpening amount", black and white mask for "threshold" adjustment)
gamba123

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm

gamba123 wrote:My most wanted:

• Improvements in Fit to screen Preview quality (I find them very soft, contrasty an oversaturated, working at 100% is not practical)
• Panorama stitching, with Boundary Warp (Lightroom style).
• HDR stacking
• Dehaze/Haze slider
• Able to save styles containing several layers and keeping masks selections (Is this possible as of today?)
• Dedicated color masking tool (as done with Luminance) instead of through color editor: this would make the work flow more simple, centralized and allow dynamic color reselections or adjustments
• In Clone/Heal layers ability to select different origins per brush stroke (instead of needing to create several layers)
• Sharpening: Alternative view to check fine parameters adjustment as done in Lightroom when pressing ALT (desaturated view for "sharpening amount", black and white mask for "threshold" adjustment)

What is it about LightRoom that you don't like and that makes you want to stop using it?
SFA

Postby mli20 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

SFA wrote:What is it about LightRoom that you don't like and that makes you want to stop using it?

With all due respect, but must we go on and on about Lightroom here? After all, this is a forum for "Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows".

MLI
mli20

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 pm

mli20 wrote:
SFA wrote:What is it about LightRoom that you don't like and that makes you want to stop using it?

With all due respect, but must we go on and on about Lightroom here? After all, this is a forum for "Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows".

MLI

I agree.

But if someone a fairly extensive of wishes that appear to reflect the need for one product to be a clone of another product before it really satisfies their needs one has to wonder why they wish to change.

I could put it the other way around and ask what attracts them to Capture One but I think there is more to be learned by asking why they wish to change from what they have, that they are familiar with and what most likely contains and existing body of work that can only exist where it was edited. (The edits, not any resulting output files that are in a format which is portable between systems.)

There seems to be a bit of a trend at the moment for claims and counter claims relating to people choosing or not choosing to change their main RAW image developer. 4 years ago we had the same thing from the Mac user world with regards to Aperture and that continues today to some extent.

The LR angle recruits Windows users as well, as here. Perhaps there are new understandings to be collected and considered.

Grant
SFA

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows