Export Tiff 16 bit variant for ICC profile crashes program.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Export Tiff 16 bit variant for ICC profile crashes program.

Postby lcopps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:20 pm

I am using Luma River Pro to generate ICC profiles for my workflow. The process works perfectly in Capture One Pro 10. Version 12 crashes when I export a 16 bit TIFF image of my X-Rite Passport with No color correction, using Film Standard curve. Blows up the program every time when the variant is exported.

I contacted Luma River and they told me Capture One Pro 12 has a lot of bugs.

My license for Capture One Pro 10 has been deactivated so I can't use it without buying another license.

My color correction workflow is in the mud.
lcopps

Re: Export Tiff 16 bit variant for ICC profile crashes progr

Postby Eric Nepean » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm

lcopps wrote:I am using Luma River Pro to generate ICC profiles for my workflow. The process works perfectly in Capture One Pro 10. Version 12 crashes when I export a 16 bit TIFF image of my X-Rite Passport with No color correction, using Film Standard curve. Blows up the program every time when the variant is exported.

I contacted Luma River and they told me Capture One Pro 12 has a lot of bugs.

My license for Capture One Pro 10 has been deactivated so I can't use it without buying another license.

My color correction workflow is in the mud.

First thing I would do is a raise a support ticket, CO support will likely get back to you in a day or two. (IMO CO 12 doesn't currently have many bugs, except that you are the second person I have seen recently with issues after a CO10-CO12 upgrade).

You can install Capture One 10 (or even CO 11) with your current Capture One 12 license code, either over top of Capture one 12, or in another folder.

I usually keep each version of Capturse One in a separate subfolder like this:
    /applications/CaptureOneVersions/COV11
    /applications/CaptureOneVersions/COV12
Capture One 10 will not read your Capture One 12 library, however there should be a backup version of the Capture One 10 database file inside the Catalog you have upgraded from CO10 to CO12. You might in the end be more successful if you made an upgrade from CO10 to CO11, then CO11 to CO12.

Without knowing what you are doing with the exported 16bit TIFF, its hard to make a useful comment. Perhaps try exporting an 8 bit TIFF and a JPEG to see if these have the same issues.
Eric Nepean

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac