DNG files problem

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

DNG files problem

Postby fotogs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm

After shooting with a DJI drone with x5s camera, we imported the DNG files into C1 and made adjustments as normal with no problems. Now I need to send some of the files to my retoucher and I want to maintain our adjustments and also give him the ability to make further adjustments in Capture One also.

Tried exporting as DNG - loses the adjustments.
Tried setting up a new session and importing the DNG's in - loses the adjustments.
Tried copying my Capture folder into a new session, including the embedded CaptureOne folder - loses the adjustments.

Wierd thing is, I did a quick test earlier importing an image into another open session and it seemed to work perfectly. Can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

Help!
fotogs

Re: DNG files problem

Postby fotogs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Figured it out - or I should say that Digital Transitions NYC (Spencer in Tech Support) figured it out and helped me immensely.
Solution was to create a Sessions Favorites folder and move all the images I wanted to send into it. That way it maintained all the CaptureOne .cos settings. So as long as we copy both the images and the CaptureOne folder embedded in the folder, it's working seamlessly.
fotogs

Re: DNG files problem

Postby Ian3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 pm

... or you can package the images you want to send to the retoucher as EIP files.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac