Problem applying Keywords. Invisible text being used bu C1.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Problem applying Keywords. Invisible text being used bu C1.

Postby Skids » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am

Hi,

I am new to Capture One which means that I have to rely on tutorials to determine how things should work. One area that I am having problems with is the application of keywords. My question for other Mac users is have any of them seen a similar problem.

Set up.
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Capture One version 12.1.3

Catalog contains many images with keywords set i.e. there is a library of keywords and one keyword is "boots"

A single image is selected.
An attempt is made to add the keyword "boots" to the selected image and the first letter "b" is entered in the keyword entry field.

At this point things go wrong.

Expected behaviour - based on a tutorial video that used C1 v10.

When the "b" of "boots" is entered a list of all keywords in the catalog beginning with "b" is displayed in a list below the entry field. This list is reduced as more characters are entered in the field. A keyword from this list may be selected at any time and is applied to the selected image.

Actual behaviour
When the "b" is entered a dark rectangle is displayed. The background behind the rectangle is just visible.
When the second and subsequent letters are entered the dark rectangle reduces in size.
Eventually after a number of letter have been entered, "boo" in my catalog, the dark rectangle is reduced to a single line.
Clicking on this dark rectangle applies the keyword "boots"

Conclusion
On my machine the display of a filtered list of keywords is not being displayed correctly. It appears that the font colour is being set to be the same colour and opacity as the background display pane meaning that the text that is in the list is invisible.

Has anyone else seen this sort of problem? Also would someone using High Sierra confirm that they do see the text in a list.

I have raised this issue in a support ticket and hope that they may have a solution.

best wishes

Simon
Skids

Re: Problem applying Keywords. Invisible text being used bu

Postby Eric Nepean » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:13 am

I am running CO 12.1.3 on Mac OS 10.12.6 and I do not see this problem. The potential keywords are white and the background is black.

There are a few options in OSX System Preferences/ Accessibility that allow one to invert color, is it possible that you have inadvertantly set those?
Eric Nepean

Postby Ian3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 am

I have seen this problem from time to time. The keywords suddenly become dark grey on black and are visually unreadable while you try to edit them. It usually clears itself if I click away and click back. I don't think it is anything to do with a rogue setting - it just seems to do it from time to time.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Skids » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Sorry for shouting but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!!

On inspection of the Accessibility pane in system preferences I found that two checkboxes were indeed ticked namely "Increase contrast" and "Reduce transparency" . When these were unticked the text in the lists created by Capture One became visible.

best wishes

Simon
Skids

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac