Search for missing images?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Search for missing images?

Postby Gregory_ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 am

hi all.

how do I search/display all images in a catalog where the originals are missing?

I've looked around but can't find an option for this.

cheers
Gregory
Gregory_

Re: Search for missing images?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 am

If you want to display all images in a catalog, you should be able to see them by selecting the All Images collection. Even if the originals are not available, Capture One should be able to display the previews, because these are held inside the catalog. And you should be able to search those images - I assume that you mean search by, for instance, keywords, star ratings, colour tag etc.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Gregory_ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am

sorry. my mistake. every time I see the "can't edit" indicator, I think the original is missing.

thank you for the reply.
Gregory_

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Images with missing original files eventually become a problem, and more difficult to recover as time goes on.

If you only have a few hundred images, scanning All Images for variants with the missing file symbol is feasible. But once you have thousands of images, a manual search for images with missing file becomes impractical.

I have generated an Applescript that will searches for varaints with mssing files, and makes a list.

I have posted it here: https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=28891
Eric Nepean

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac