Does Capture One accept Bridge keywords

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Does Capture One accept Bridge keywords

Postby NNN635155818733518960 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Unfortunately, Adobe CS6 Bridge has recently stopped indexing the search function for photos when using Keywords. I do travel and architectural photograph so naturally this is driving me to despair, as without the semi-DAM of Bridge I'm unable to recall photos from the 5gig I currently have stored. I can't even find the 7million photos I've taken of my grandchildren. The Adobe Bridge forum has been little help, as it seems Bridge problems have become a consistent event, especially with the search function.

I am using the Capture One software for Fuji X, and am impressed with the sharpening and shadows/highlights functions.
I'd be even more impressed with a Capture One program if same would accept the Keywords from Adobe Bridge and index these to my photos. Kindly indicate if said is a possibility, and you will not only pull me out of despair but gain a new customer.

Thanks,
Bruce B
NNN635155818733518960

Re: Does Capture One accept Bridge keywords

Postby Eric Nepean » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Since you have both Capture One and Adobe Bridge, perhaps you could import a few images with keywords assigned using Adobe Bridge into a Capture One catalog and check if the keywords have been imported correctly.
Eric Nepean

Postby SFA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Eric Nepean wrote:Since you have both Capture One and Adobe Bridge, perhaps you could import a few images with keywords assigned using Adobe Bridge into a Capture One catalog and check if the keywords have been imported correctly.

Assuming they were RAW files and Fuji images rather than form another manufacturer.

If the files are, say, jpgs with embedded Keywords one would not expect a problem.

Given the number of images the OP mentions as forming an existing catalogue I would be tempted to guess that some of the files may be RAW files that are not Fuji files.

To the OP. (Bruce B)

This is a user to user forum by intention and so usually any information provided it not "official".

So when you write " Kindly indicate if said is a possibility, and you will not only pull me out of despair but gain a new customer." the gaining a "new customer" part does not really apply.

However you can make contact with the Capture One team directly using the Phase One Support Case system and selecting the option that seems to best suit your enquiry.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then select the appropriate request type.

This would be a good idea no matter what answers you are offered here in the forum.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby NNN635155818733518960 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks, Grant. I couldn't find the tech support email initially, so used the forum. Cheers, bab
NNN635155818733518960

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac