Catalina OS

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Re: Catalina OS

Postby tenmangu81 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:24 pm

anderl wrote:meanwhile i solved the issue by creating a new catalogue and importing the backup into it.

right now c1 is fast as never before....

Maybe this is because the new catalogue contains only a small number of previews, as it has been built from a backup.
Robert
tenmangu81

Postby rc_photo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Personally, I fully understand that no company wants to give support to usage scenarios which are not covered by the release notes. You were basically demanding support for a problem that is outside of the scope.

anderl wrote:there was no interpretation.

:shock: Actually, there was an interpretation in your initial post: You stated yourself how you read/interpret/understand the reply from C1 support:

anderl wrote:i cant help to read the reply like: we dont give a f.

If you just wanted to warn people to upgrade to Catalina before there is an official release supporting Catalina, you could have written your initial post differently.
Instead, you decided to complain about the answer from the support team. :(
rc_photo

Postby anderl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:55 pm

maybe my english is not good enough.
gosh- all i said i didnt like the cold reply. thats it. i will stop posting at all. i am bored of all these vollpfosten. google it. its german.
anderl

Postby r_olding » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:08 pm

For the past couple of days, I've been using Capture One 12.1.3 on two Mac Pro's (tubular body) running macOS Catalina tethered to Nikons.

I've experienced no issues but there was a hiccup involving the Helicon Focus Plugin when launching Capture One for the first time after installing Catalina.

For awhile now, macOS displays a warning when you launch software that hasn't been certified by Apple for the first time. The Helicon Focus plugin falls into this category. Before Catalina, macOS would ask you if you're sure you want to run the application. With Catalina, macOS only gave me the option to either move the application to the Trash or Cancel.

To solve the issue, I opened System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General and left it open while launching Capture One. When the warning appeared, the System Preferences window would display the option to allow the application to run.
r_olding

Postby rc_photo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:18 pm

anderl wrote:maybe my english is not good enough.
gosh- all i said i didnt like the cold reply. thats it. i will stop posting at all. i am bored of all these vollpfosten. google it. its german.

Funny enough, my mother tongue is German. :D

Even if I look at your earlier posts with very good will (thinking about bad expression / considering German): I can't see how your initial post could have been interpreted in such way as you are nor saying how it should be understood.

Even if translated one-to-one into German, it looks obvious to me that you were trying to slam Phase One for not supporting systems outside of the documented scope / release notes.
rc_photo

Postby Corey Riggle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm

lol. I logged in just to see this thread. everytime...
Corey Riggle

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac