I can't copy then load a crop in C1Pro 12

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

I can't copy then load a crop in C1Pro 12

Postby Greg64 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:49 pm

It seems that I can copy and apply other settings (including local adjustments) from a previous shot via the up and down arrows, but crop doesn't seem to transfer. This is a feature I have used extensively with previous versions to apply the same crop to multiple images. Is this a glitch or am I missing something.
Thanks for any help to resolve this.
Greg64

Re: I can't copy then load a crop in C1Pro 12

Postby Ian3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 pm

There's a new option in Capture One to include or not include crop when copying adjustments.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Ian3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Sorry for the brief reply earlier on - I didn't have time to look up how to change this then.

Go to the adjustments clipboard tool (on the adjustments tool tab). Click the ... to get the submenu. You can then change the auto select options to include or not include composition. See also the explanation in the Help here. https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12/Optimizing-Your-Workflow/Workflow-Basics/Adjustments-Clipboard (last section, at the bottom of the page).

Ian
Ian3

Postby Greg64 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:39 am

I appreciate the reply. I often work on multiple Macs at photo studios where I don't control the preferences. If this works, I have a feeling that I will have to repeat this often!
At least I have hope! :)
Greg64

Postby Greg64 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Just got into the studio this morning to see if this fix works. Success!!! I don't know why the software developers thought that this change was a great idea. Let everything including the crop be copied to another shot. Why not?!?
Greg64

Postby Ian3 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Greg64 wrote:Just got into the studio this morning to see if this fix works. Success!!! I don't know why the software developers thought that this change was a great idea. Let everything including the crop be copied to another shot. Why not?!?

Well, you have the choice!

Ian
Ian3

Postby AlexanderFlemming » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Greg64 wrote:Just got into the studio this morning to see if this fix works. Success!!! I don't know why the software developers thought that this change was a great idea. Let everything including the crop be copied to another shot. Why not?!?

You have the choice. As a wedding/event photographer, not being able to copy the look between images without constantly having to deselect the crop in the clipboard, or having to reset the crop after it was applied, was a major pain point. The editing workflow usually involves copying settings between images hundreds of times. This new option is a killer time saver.
AlexanderFlemming
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 12.x Software