Styles - are they worth buying and why are they so expensive

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Styles - are they worth buying and why are they so expensive

Postby Francesco Mariani » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 am

The "Professional Styles Kit" includes Sunbound Styles, Deep Forest Styles, Seasonal Styles, Film Styles, Cinematic Styles, Black & White Styles, Matte Styles and Spectrum Styles. The kit costs $649 CAD, on sale for $246 CAD. Is the kit worth buying? Why would the regular price be $649 CAD? This seems quite expensive for some style recipes.

Thanks,

Francesco.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II
MacBook Pro - Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014 - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor - 16 GB RAM
macOS Sierra - 10.12.6
Aperture 3.6 > Migrating to Capture One Pro 11 or 12
Francesco Mariani

Re: Styles - are they worth buying and why are they so expen

Postby Francesco Mariani » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:35 am

The Capture One Pro 12 Upgrade + Professional Styles kit is $489 CAD. Buying these two separately is $205 CAD + $246 CAD, which is $451 CAD. I suppose I shouldn't be commenting on the cost of software on this user-to-user forum, but where should I be?
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II
MacBook Pro - Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014 - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor - 16 GB RAM
macOS Sierra - 10.12.6
Aperture 3.6 > Migrating to Capture One Pro 11 or 12
Francesco Mariani

Postby eavesphoto » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:45 am

I use Styles as a starting point and from there Modify the treatments that I want to apply.
I found software that converted all of my VSCO film from Lighroom Classic to format that capture 12 can recognize.
It’s not perfect, but again I’m looking for a starting point.
eavesphoto

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Instead of discussing cost, you could discuss value. The question is what is the value of a purchase for you? Does it justify the cost? Yes, consider buying it. No? Don't buy.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac