Exposure Bracketing, Focusing Stacking controlled by CO?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Exposure Bracketing, Focusing Stacking controlled by CO?

Postby Yankov » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Dear All,

I am not sure if this exist or not... Can one setup the focus stacking and/or exposure bracketing within Capture One? Instead of setting this up on XF, I think it is making more sense setting them up in Capture One instead when you are tethering. Any thoughts?
Yankov
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Exposure Bracketing, Focusing Stacking controlled by CO?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Such a feature does not exist. Would be a nice addition, I think.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Menno_Devee » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:47 am

I am actually really surprised Capture One doens't have this option of exposure bracketing (in version 12).
Does anyone know if this is in the pipeline?
Any recommendations to do this without the need for an Adobe programme?

Thanks, Menno
Menno_Devee

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Thre are a number of similar use cases that involve manipulation of related sequential images
  • Panoramas
  • Focus Stacking
  • Incremental action overlays
  • Exposure Bracketting (which can be by Shutter Speed, Aperture or ISO)
  • Whitebalance Bracketting
  • Burst action sequences

I've published several Applescripts to handle these, but they are hampered by the fact that only metadata of variants can be changed, not of images.

If Capture One were to implelement some automatic feature to support these use cases, they would have to impllement an immense amount of detail fto handle many types of camera bodies. And then they likely will still be faced with dissapointed users asking that their use case or their new or old camera body be supportted.

With so many variantions, trying to be all things to all people will be an expensive development, and expensive to maintain.

I've asked Capture One to make the Sequence ID and Sequence related Image Metatdata fields user writeable (by Applescript, and by extension, by plugins). They said they would consider it.

This would open the door to user and third party companies writing scripts and plugins to handle these uses cases, and one might for example buy a plugin for handling Panoramas with Nikon and Canon Cameras, or Exposure Bracketting with Olympus cameras.

This would benefit Phase One as they would get a new Capture One feature set without having to do expensive development and maintenance, and also benefit users with a richer feature set that bwould likely be updated and changed more rapidly.
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac