Capture One 12.x Causing Kernel Panics on a 2016 MBP

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Capture One 12.x Causing Kernel Panics on a 2016 MBP

Postby hyperlinked » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am

I've got a 2016 MacbookPro with a Radeon 460 GPU and I've experienced multiple kernel panics while using Capture One Pro 12 while hooked up to an LG 5K Ultrafine monitor. I'm not entirely sure what's triggering it, but it sems to be when I'm using masks with the new Luma Mask feature. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm using the laptop without the external monitor connected.

Once something causes the kernel panic and my laptop suddenly reboots, any attempt to relaunch Capture One Pro results in another system crash. I have to detach the monitor and load Capture One Pro from my laptop. After I run it from my laptop, it seems to reset whatever it was that caused the kernel panic and I'm again able to run Capture One Pro 12 with an external monitor.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I only started seeing this with the latest version of Capture One Pro 12.
Last edited by hyperlinked on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyperlinked

Re: Capture One 12.x Causing Kernal Panics on a 2016 MBP

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 pm

The best course of action, in this case, is to contact support and send the log files (there is a script in the Script menu). This is your best option to get this sorted.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac