Exporting raw files cannot keep original file name

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Exporting raw files cannot keep original file name

Postby Erik23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 am

I have been trying to export raw files as I organise them in folders for my retoucher to work on. I export the files onto an external hard drive with only the image the retoucher needs, all organised in separate folders. I want to keep the original file names on my duplicate export so they marry up with the my master files on my machine.

The old dialogue box that used to allow you to set all of the parameters for export is now gone and the exported files are renamed with a counter. I cannot find anywhere that allows this option to be changed and retain the file names. Having unique file names and retaining that from the counter my back allocates is important for me in tracking what files are for what.
I have been using COP for 17 years now and I now remember why I don't rush to upgrade to the new version.
Erik23

Re: Exporting raw files cannot keep original file name

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

Tell us slightly more about your process here. Are you using the File -> Export Images method? If so, are you choosing Originals or Variants? Are you packaging as an EIP? In the Export dialog box, do you see the naming section? Do you see the Method field with its options of Find and Replace / Text and Tokens? If you do see that field, can you set the Format field to include the token for Image name?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Erik23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:59 pm

Right so I have worked it out. My workspace was set to simplified tethered workspace. This obviously applies to many of the features in COP. The dialogue box that you are presented with on export is also very simplified. When I changed to Dual monitor or large screen workspace the dialogue box is back.
Erik23

Postby tenmangu81 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 pm

The best solution is to customise your workspace(s) and save them with your own name(s). You can then choose your favoured tools in your toolbar
tenmangu81

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Erik23 wrote:Right so I have worked it out. My workspace was set to simplified tethered workspace. This obviously applies to many of the features in COP. The dialogue box that you are presented with on export is also very simplified. When I changed to Dual monitor or large screen workspace the dialogue box is back.

I can reproduce that. I will contact Phase One on this as this does not seem to be the intention.

Since you used COP for 17 years, you must have started with version 1? Not many I know go back that far. :wink:
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Erik23 wrote:I have been trying to export raw files as I organise them in folders for my retoucher to work on. I export the files onto an external hard drive with only the image the retoucher needs, all organised in separate folders. I want to keep the original file names on my duplicate export so they marry up with the my master files on my machine.

The old dialogue box that used to allow you to set all of the parameters for export is now gone and the exported files are renamed with a counter. I cannot find anywhere that allows this option to be changed and retain the file names. Having unique file names and retaining that from the counter my back allocates is important for me in tracking what files are for what.
I have been using COP for 17 years now and I now remember why I don't rush to upgrade to the new version.

Are you using the DB or Pro version? (You mention using a "back" - is that a Phase One 'family' back?)

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac