Can't Access Film Simulations

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Can't Access Film Simulations

Postby Harold Eastman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 pm

I know this topic has been raised before, but nothing I've read here has led to any solutions for me.

Problem: I have downloaded a trial version of CO 12 Pro Fuji, and not matter what I do, I can't access the film simulations.

I am shooting on an X100T in RAW only, but with the Br film simulation. This gives me a BW viewfinder but results in only RAW files being recorded and imported. NOTE: I have also tried shooing with the STD film simulation set in the camera, but this makes not difference to the problem described below.

Here's what happens when I attempt to apply, say, the ACROS simulation to a file:
• I select a RAW image, which shows up in color in the viewer
• I go to the Color tab
• In Base Characteristics, I select the "Fujifilm X100T Generic" for the ICC Profile
• The Engine is already set to Capture One 12
• When I select the Curve drop-down, I get only five options: Auto, Film Extra Shadow, Film High Contrast, Film Standard, Linear Response.

I expected to see other Fuji simulations in this list, including ACROS, but they're not there.

Am I mis-reading the instructions in some basic way, or missing some crucial step?

H.
Harold Eastman

Re: Can't Access Film Simulations

Postby SFA » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:17 pm

It is probably worth checking the V12 release notes PDF file, page 8.

There is a table of currently supported Fuji models and which emulations is available for each group.

As I understand things based on a comment in one of the earlier threads that raised this point, the currently available support is as currently requested by Fujifilm.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac