C1P not building previews after import

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

C1P not building previews after import

Postby Ivan E.M. » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi,

Since upgrading to 12.0.1 I have a problem on one of my Macs.

When importing images in C1P 12.0.1 on my iMac, the program doesn't build previews automatically anymore. While importing images on C1P 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro, the program builds previews like it used to in older versions.

I have compared the preferences of C1P on both Macs and I haven't found a difference. It looks like they are set up the same, except for Preview size, since the Retina display of the iMac is much bigger than the display of the MacBook Pro.

On the iMac I either have to manually give the command 'Regenerate Previews' or restart the program to have those preview built.

Any idea's what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan E.M.

Re: C1P not building previews after import

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:11 pm

I suggest to report this in a support case for further analysis.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ivan E.M. » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks for your reply Paul.

I've contacted Phase One Support and did some extra tests. The problem exists in every single catalogue, even in a newly created one. So it's probably not a corrupted database that's causing the problem. I've sent the log-files to Support. Hopefully they'll have a solution.

Best,
Ivan
Ivan E.M.

Postby Erik23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:26 am

Hi Ivan
I had a problem I think similar to this. Does it say there are no results for this filter?

Try going to the filters tab/tool under the library tab. The three dots are on the top right hand corner which brings down a drop down menu there is a tab called global filters. For some reason mine had Always hide RAW files selected. I don't know how or why but it was. When I unchecked that they all populated. I hope that helps
Erik23

Postby Ivan E.M. » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply. No, filters have nothing to do with it. It's not like the RAW file are missing, no they are there but they are heavy pixelated. Capture One does import and show them, but it doesn't build previews for them. I guess COP shows the embedded jpeg that comes with the RAF.

Cheers,
Ivan
Ivan E.M.

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac