Catalog Albums/Collections

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby B.Sadr » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

If I have 1000s of images organized into different Albums and many fall into two or more Albums how can I see that the image I am looking at or a series of images I have selected are falling into which Albums?

There are no visual indicators anywhere, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a catalog in the first place, being able to organize and quickly to do so?

Or am I missing something?
B.Sadr
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby B.Sadr » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 pm

No one?
B.Sadr
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm

The feature you are after is not available in Capture One, as far as I know.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby syncrasy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:The feature you are after is not available in Capture One, as far as I know.


That's curious. In Media Pro, if you select an image thumbnail, the name(s) of the Collection(s) [Catalog Set(s)] to which the image belongs turn orange in color. Are you saying Capture One doesn't even have as basic an indicator as that?
— Mark
Camera & Computer: Nikon D500, D7100 • Mac Pro (mid 2010), various OSs
DAM: Media Pro SE
Image Editors: Nikon Capture NX 2, NX-D • Photoshop CS6

(as of 2018)
syncrasy
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 6:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 pm

syncrasy wrote:
Paul_Steunebrink wrote:The feature you are after is not available in Capture One, as far as I know.

That's curious. In Media Pro, if you select an image thumbnail, the name(s) of the Collection(s) [Catalog Set(s)] to which the image belongs turn orange in color. Are you saying Capture One doesn't even have as basic an indicator as that?

Sorry I do not understand why you ask a question while you just quoted my answer.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby syncrasy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
syncrasy wrote:
Paul_Steunebrink wrote:The feature you are after is not available in Capture One, as far as I know.

That's curious. In Media Pro, if you select an image thumbnail, the name(s) of the Collection(s) [Catalog Set(s)] to which the image belongs turn orange in color. Are you saying Capture One doesn't even have as basic an indicator as that?

Sorry I do not understand why you ask a question while you just quoted my answer.


Your answer left room for uncertainty ("as far as I know") and I don't have CO to confirm the issue. It's such a major shortcoming that I wanted to make absolutely sure we were talking about the same issue before I added it to my fix request list.

Is there a workaround or a non-visual method of verifying which Collections an image belongs to (e.g., the image's metadata list)?
— Mark
Camera & Computer: Nikon D500, D7100 • Mac Pro (mid 2010), various OSs
DAM: Media Pro SE
Image Editors: Nikon Capture NX 2, NX-D • Photoshop CS6

(as of 2018)
syncrasy
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 6:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 am

The "no, not possible, as far as I know" means that I do not know how to accomplish the requested task but include the fact that I am sometimes aware of my limited knowledge.

AppleScript could provide a solution.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Catalog Albums/Collections

Postby B.Sadr » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm

So does that mean that I would have to memorize 20000 images' Albums? lol, that's smart
B.Sadr
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm


Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests