Invoking BACKUP

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Invoking BACKUP

Postby Marc PK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Today, I had a major crash and my Capture One (referenced) Catalogue cannot open or be repaired.
Thank goodness for Backups !
Now, how do I invoque Backup ?
Do I
1) copy the backup file to my main drive and
2) delete the copies of the "Adjustments, Cache and Writelock files" that were automatically included in the file and that are now copied in my main drive.
3) delete the original broken Capture One Catalogue ?

Thanks and Kind regards, Marc
Marc
Marc PK

Re: Invoking BACKUP

Postby Marc PK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm

By the way, when I try to open the broken file, I get a message asking me if I want to open via the back-up; when I say YES, it then tells me it can't find it, although it does indicate the correct path !
Marc
Marc PK

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:12 pm

I have had problems using Capture Ones offers to restore my database. Perhaps, you could create a new empty catalog and invoke the automated Restore feature from it. I have not tried this, however. I have found a much easier way is to just replace the corrupted db file with a copy of it from the last backup.

Here is the procedure. Close any open catalogs. In Finder, locate the most recent database backup with the file ending in .cocatalogdb. Copy this file only and replace the corrupted database file with it. The corrupted cocatalogdb file will be found in the package that was generated when you created the catalog in question. It will be the catalog with the name you gave it ending in .cocatalog. It is unlikely that you will have to replace Adjustments or Cache, since these files in the package are unlikely to be corrupted.

Also check to be sure to delete the write lock file if it is in the package.
NN635680879799322049UL

Postby Marc PK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Thank you. This works. Also, thank you to the folks in Support (I had opened a case) and tehy gave me the following link:
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1
Marc
Marc PK

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac