Cannot get 12.0 Fujifilm to work, please help

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Cannot get 12.0 Fujifilm to work, please help

Postby NNN636646085218553305 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi I purchased capture one pro 11 Fujifilm about 2 months ago and recently updated to 12.0. Although it seems I have the trial version not the full license for 12.0?
Now when I try to open Capture one 12 fujifilm on my Mac it will not open it comes up with the ''New Catalogue, Catalogfolder''/Volumes/untitled/Capture One.cocatalog'' is not writable. Please choose another catalog folder.
No option comes up to choose a new folder. I have to quit the error message and nothing happens?

Also just to check, if I purchased Capture One Pro 11 fujifilm, should I get a free update to the full version of 12.0 not just the 30 day trial?
Thankyou in advance for any help
NNN636646085218553305

Re: Cannot get 12.0 Fujifilm to work, please help

Postby SFA » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Create a Support Case to get some help from Phase.

This is primarily a user to user forum and official assistance only comes with the Support Case.

Whether anyone here has had the same experience as you are having is an unknown.

That said ...

There is only one release installation file and it operation in trial mode until you choose an activation type and provide a code.

As you say you purchased V11 I assume you are not running the free Express mode of the program.

As it was announced that buyers of the Fuji version would have a free upgrade to V12 available I would guess that the Activation code you have for V11 might also work for V12 and so all you may need to do is start V12, choose the Fuji Pro mode and then say you want to activate it.

When you installed did you replace you V11 installation or add V12 alongside?

I have no idea why you are getting the error message but it may be connected to the process followed so far as you upgraded.

The Support crew will be able to help you out.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: Cannot get 12.0 Fujifilm to work, please help

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:34 pm

It seems you accidentally have chosen the Express Fujifilm mode, instead of the Pro Fujifilm mode. Go to the Capture One > License menu and switch the license mode.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac