Browsing for sessions or photos

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Browsing for sessions or photos

Postby picman2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:28 pm

C1 has the (to me annoying) habit to always start browsing in the users pictures folder. I think however that most of us don't have our data in the pictures folder but rather on a dedicated harddisk, I know I have. It should be possible in the preferences to point out where is the default place C1 should start looking. Now you always have to make several clicks to get to the right place, even after you have gone to the right place for a first item, if you then want to go to that same folder for a next item C1 still goes to the pictures folder.
picman2

Re: Browsing for sessions or photos

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm

On my Mac, when I open CO12 (session) it goes back to the folder I was when I closed it, including external storage (NAS). Maybe I misunderstood your post?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby picman2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm

I wasn't very clear. In any session, if you go to the file menu and click open, it will take you to the pictures folder, no matter where the folder with pictures you are at that moment working in lives on your system (for me that is always on an external SSD or for backups on an external HD).
picman2

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Yes, got it. A configurable default or last folder used, would make sense.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac