Lost ability to Auto Levels in RGB channel?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Lost ability to Auto Levels in RGB channel?

Postby Joshw » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 pm

I seem to have lost the ability to Auto adjust levels in the RGB channel since updating to CO12.

Previously I had a shortcut set up to Auto adjust the RGB channel in levels, though my same shortcut since upgrading now adjusts levels in each of the R, G and B channels individually. Was the feature dropped or am I missing something?
Joshw

Re: Lost ability to Auto Levels in RGB channel?

Postby SFA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 am

As I recall the Auto Levels functionality was restricted to RGB only in one of the options available but obeyed the settings in Preferences is run from the Levels tool or if invoked during Import. If run from the icon in the

Preference settings allow you to specify whether you want to use it in RGB mode or by separate channels. As I recall RGB mode was the default but I always found separate channels to be preferable for my taste. It is possible that has been normalized for all Auto Processing Action points in V12 - I seem to recall that some work was undertaken in that area according to some notes I read somewhere, albeit the note did not mention anything about changes in the way preferences were to be used.

So far as I can tell V12 always looks to the preferences setting but have you found something different?

Grant
SFA

Re: Lost ability to Auto Levels in RGB channel?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:12 pm

It is a Grant says. Auto Adjust - which can include Auto Levels - now respects the channel mode you set in Preferences. In CO11 and earlier this was not the case.

Go to Preferences, Exposure tab and select the channel mode you need. Note that you can reach the same preferences tab from the Levels tool directly.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac