Tethering Features Lacking w/ GFX50's

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Tethering Features Lacking w/ GFX50's

Postby NN116688UL1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Still having issues while shooting tethered with the Fuji GFX 50s. Basically, when trying to control the camera from Capture, several functions are grayed out, i.e., iso, shutter speed, focus, and unable to change the shooting mode, pretty much the same as 11.3, or am I missing something?
NN116688UL1

Re: Tethering Features Lacking w/ GFX50's

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 am

Tethering Fujifilm cameras in CO12.0 is identical to 11.3. It is now at a basic level, expected to improve over time.

Contact support to emphasise on the needs of Fujifilm tethering by making a feature request. It is already planned though, is my estimation. But you can help shift priorities. :D
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm

NN116688UL1 wrote:Still having issues while shooting tethered with the Fuji GFX 50s. Basically, when trying to control the camera from Capture, several functions are grayed out, i.e., iso, shutter speed, focus, and unable to change the shooting mode, pretty much the same as 11.3, or am I missing something?

In addition to Paul's comment - is there any possibility the available settings are related to options set in camera? Shooting mode, for example, or something like that?

Grant
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm

SFA wrote:
NN116688UL1 wrote:Still having issues while shooting tethered with the Fuji GFX 50s. Basically, when trying to control the camera from Capture, several functions are grayed out, i.e., iso, shutter speed, focus, and unable to change the shooting mode, pretty much the same as 11.3, or am I missing something?

In addition to Paul's comment - is there any possibility the available settings are related to options set in camera? Shooting mode, for example, or something like that?

Everything that has a physical dial or something can not be set from the software.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby KYLE31 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

When the shutter speed dial is set to 'A' can you then adjust the shutter speed via C1? The aperture ring has a physical dial and yet it can be adjusted, correct?

I'm looking into purchasing a GFX but this would be a complete deal breaker if I can't control shutter speed and ISO from C1.

Please advise! Thanks!
KYLE31

Postby SFA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 pm

KYLE31 wrote:When the shutter speed dial is set to 'A' can you then adjust the shutter speed via C1? The aperture ring has a physical dial and yet it can be adjusted, correct?

I'm looking into purchasing a GFX but this would be a complete deal breaker if I can't control shutter speed and ISO from C1.

Please advise! Thanks!

If "A" means Auto then I would not expect to have control over some functions.

If there is an "M" for Manual setting then I would expect to have control.
SFA

Postby KYLE31 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 pm

But you are missing the point. I do not want to touch the camera and risk it coming out of align while I change the shutter speed with a dial. I want to change it via the computer so as not to touch the camera at all. There isn't an 'm' on this camera. You select the shutter speed with the dial or put the shutter speed dial into 'a' for automatic shutter speed selection (think aperture priority or program mode).

I'll pose my question again: Can one adjust the GFX shutter speed via C1 without touching the camera?
KYLE31

Postby KYLE31 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:19 pm

I'll follow this up to say I called Fujifilm and they said the functionality is built into the firmware of the camera, and to contact Phase.
KYLE31

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac