Are you serious about update price politic??

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Re: Are you serious about update price politic??

Postby NN635299624516976000UL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm

IanW wrote:So new license purchasers get “free” styles while loyal users get a 20% price increase again!
Sorry Phase One but too little, too late, too expensive. Since I upgraded to v8 in 2014 at £86 the price has steadily risen to £149 in 2018.
I’ve just signed up again to the “industry leading software”, Adobe, where I get Lightroom, Photoshop, Lightroom on all my devices and more for 20% less than your upgrade price. Not to mention that the new gradient masks now works as LR’s has for years, a new radial gradient mask that has been in LR for years, a plug-in architecture which has been in LR since it’s inception.
Looks like a case of playing catch-up from where I’m standing and all at an inflated price.

Yup, some LR stuff copied. But better copy the crop tool. The one in C1 is just more or less unusable with too much mouse clicks and tool switching for horizont or rotations. It's no fun to use the crop tool!
NN635299624516976000UL

Postby John Doe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:37 pm

NN635299624516976000UL wrote:
IanW wrote:So new license purchasers get “free” styles while loyal users get a 20% price increase again!
Sorry Phase One but too little, too late, too expensive. Since I upgraded to v8 in 2014 at £86 the price has steadily risen to £149 in 2018.
I’ve just signed up again to the “industry leading software”, Adobe, where I get Lightroom, Photoshop, Lightroom on all my devices and more for 20% less than your upgrade price. Not to mention that the new gradient masks now works as LR’s has for years, a new radial gradient mask that has been in LR for years, a plug-in architecture which has been in LR since it’s inception.
Looks like a case of playing catch-up from where I’m standing and all at an inflated price.

Yup, some LR stuff copied. But better copy the crop tool. The one in C1 is just more or less unusable with too much mouse clicks and tool switching for horizont or rotations. It's no fun to use the crop tool!

I don't know what you mean by "too much clicks". I only have to press "c" to switch to crop, then use the mouse to crop and rotate.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby picman2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am

NN635299624516976000UL wrote:

It's a question of habit I guess. I find the C1 crop tool much friendlier to use than LR's.
picman2

Postby thedoctor007 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm

I have capture 9.
What would the cost be if I wanted just to upgrade to v11?
I see in the archives it’s available
thedoctor007

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:57 pm

thedoctor007 wrote:I have capture 9.
What would the cost be if I wanted just to upgrade to v11?
I see in the archives it’s available

You can only upgrade to Capture One 12. If you like to run v11, you can do so with your v12 key.

The exact price for the upgrade is listed in your currency when you go to the Online Store, click Upgrade at the top, and login with your account.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby MartinGJ » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Does the upgrade price include VAT? It is not clear when the price I have to pay is mentioned.
Thanks and Regards,
Martin
MartinGJ

Postby DAndison » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 pm

MartinGJ wrote:Does the upgrade price include VAT? It is not clear when the price I have to pay is mentioned.

The £149 upgrade price did. I was watching out for that this year as previous years the price excluded VAT.
DAndison

Postby John Doe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Looks like the 179€ price for updating from 10 to 12 includes VAT.

You can simply click on the "upgrade" button and it'll bring you to the payment page where you can check whether it's included or not. You can always close said page if you don't want to proceed.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby MartinGJ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks. That makes it more bearable, but still too expensive.
Thanks and Regards,
Martin
MartinGJ

Postby Keith Reeder » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

thedoctor007 wrote:I guess the question is simple, is there really anyone except PS that is completion for C1?

https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/phot ... ofessional

I use this, and it's excellent.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:
thedoctor007 wrote:I guess the question is simple, is there really anyone except PS that is completion for C1?

https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/phot ... ofessional

I use this, and it's excellent.

Thanks Keith. I looked at what was on offer and have sent them an email to clarify some points about the various products and plans and then will download a free trial of the recommended product(s).

I've used C1 since V8 and was happy with the upgrade process (improvements and price) until V10 to V11 which was marginal in acceptability. The current situation is not in the least marginal. I can do all I want/need with it and the original NIK suite plus Affinity Photo - bought and paid for when it first came out and still receiving free annual upgrades. (and it has great luminosity masking!).

If acdsee does the trick, I'll move, if not I'll stick with V11 plus my externals.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Postby PhaseoneUser30779 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Although the price of upgrades on here put me off at first I still decided to try the trial and I am so glad that I did as the results with raw files are truly excellent. I also love the interface and usage. Im sold so I will be purchasing as I feel the results are worth the money.
PhaseoneUser30779

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac