Drag and Drop to Batch Queue Not Working

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Drag and Drop to Batch Queue Not Working

Postby NNN636153790183569999 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm

When I select all the clips to be exported and drag over the Batch Queue tab I see the number of shots indicated so I am dragging all the photos I want, but when I release the mouse the photos do not load in the Queue -- the multi-shots icon bounces back. I can export using the Export Variants pulldown menu, but that appears to not honor the Process recipe I have selected. macOS 10.14.6, Capture One Pro for Sony 12.0.2
NNN636153790183569999

Re: Drag and Drop to Batch Queue Not Working

Postby SFA » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:28 am

Export Variants has options for setting its own "recipe" values.

If you wish to use the recipe(s) you have been working with proofing or for regular output requirements then use the Process option rather than Export.

There is a keyboard shortcut for sending a single file (or a selection if "Edit All Selected Variants" is made active) to the Process Queue.

I'm not aware of a drag and drop option for sending to the batch process queue.

A cannot find mention of it in the Help system and it certainly does not seem to work on my Windows system.

Have made use of is before? If so it may be a Mac OS specific function.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Ian3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 am

If you want to add multiple items to the processing batch queue, all you have to do is select them all, then hit Cmd-D, or File>Process, or click the gearwheel icon in the toolbar. (Make sure you have the process recipe(s) you want selected and that the edit all selected variants option is toggled on (or it will only do one of them). Like Grant, I don't know of any method that involves dragging them to the queue.

Ian
Ian3

Postby NNN636153790183569999 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 am

Thanks for the replies. I believe I saw the D&D in one of the Capture 1 videos on the batch exporting.

I am selecting all the images in the vertical sidebar browser (Cmd-A) and then using Cmd-D -- I still get just the one file processed (it flashes on and then off quickly in the Batch Queue UI). Image>Edit All Selected Variants is check on. I do have the custom recipe I have created checked on.

I can use Export> Variant, but it is not using my custom recipes. Wirth 3 export sizes per project it is a bit tedious to do it this way.

I also have a question about the design of this function -- if I have multiple export settings, I generally want them to go to separate folders labelled as such. How can I use the multiple recipes and have them all go to different folder locations?

Thanks again for your help.
NNN636153790183569999

Postby Ian3 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 am

Recipes going to different output locations can easily be set up. There are two places on the Output tool tab that affect output location.

(1) The Output Location tool.

(2) The file tab on the Process Recipe tool.

Number (2) will over-ride number (1). So (1) might, for example, set the Output Location as the Output folder of a session. But for a particular recipe you can change the drop-down box in the File tab, and choose between Output Location (same as (1) in other words), Image Folder (to put the output in the same folder as the raw file) or Choose Folder... for the folder of your choice.

So for instance I have most of my recipes going to the same output Location, but I have a recipe for Facebook that puts a smallish JPG in a folder of Images for Facebook.

Ian
Ian3

Postby NNN636153790183569999 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Thanks for the tip on overriding the Output location and creating one per recipe!

However, there is still some strange behavior with the batch processing of the variants. When I have them displayed vertically on the right of the screen and use the Cmd-A then the Cmd-D it will only process the first image. HOWEVER if I select the first image, then Shift-select the last image, it works as designed. Perhaps QA should look at Mac Mojave 10.14.6.

Thank again for your help.
NNN636153790183569999

Postby SFA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 pm

When you had multiple images selected did you also have the "Edit all selected variants" options toggled ON?

If not your CMD +D would only process the CURRENTLY selected image.

SHIFT CMD +D should process all of the selected images.

If you check the drop down menu options the advisory information is context sensitive to current settings and provides pop out guidance accordingly. Very flexible and useful features for those that need them for their workflow.

I may have types some of the Mac versions of the commands incorrectly being a Windows user.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software