Smart Album - now unreliable

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Smart Album - now unreliable

Postby petharnz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 am

Hello

Until recently my Smart Album filter sourcing colour tagged RAW (raf) and TIFF files in a number of Favorites folders has worked well.

However now the Smart Album operation is erratic. Some files with appropriate colour tags are added, while others not. Sometimes .tif files made from .raf are added, sometimes not.

The problem also appears to happen with rating tags.

I have checked file permissions and also created a new session with a new Smart Album filter.

Am using COP 12.0.4 on OS X 10.13.6. The issue also occurs on COP 12.0.3

Before I file a support request, I'm curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this problems.

Regards

Peter
petharnz

Re: Smart Album - now unreliable

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:52 pm

I've not experienced this.

The behaviour sounds much like you've "ORed" the the rules instead of "ANDed" them.

Check at the top of the rules menu that you have set "Match All Rules" and not "Match Any Rule"
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean

Re: Smart Album - now unreliable

Postby petharnz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks for your comment Eric.

The logic of the Smart Album is as it should be and always was. I re-confirmed this upon your suggestion.

The only changes I can currently identify as may be leading to the unreliability of the Smart Album are the recent releases of COP.

Regards

Eric Nepean wrote:I've not experienced this.

The behaviour sounds much like you've "ORed" the the rules instead of "ANDed" them.

Check at the top of the rules menu that you have set "Match All Rules" and not "Match Any Rule"
petharnz

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac