Tether or Capture Pilot preferences?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture Pilot for iOS

Tether or Capture Pilot preferences?

Postby Paqart » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Does anyone here have a strong preference for shooting tethered vs. using Capture Pilot with a wireless connection? I have shot both, and like the wireless connectivity of Capture Pilot. It does have drawbacks, however. Capture Pilot is slower to read and load files, does not allow image adjustments, sometimes can't find the AdHoc server, and uses more battery power on the db than if the server is turned off. On the plus side, there is no cable to worry about, has better range (distance from camera), takes less time to set up, is lightweight, allows focus and exposure checks, live view, remote focus, and all camera controls.

I normally use the tether to check focus and exposure. I do not test image adjustments. For those two things, a tethered computer is unnecessary. However, because I've had connection problems occasionally, I would take an iPad and a computer on any shoot, just in case.

AP
Paqart

Re: Tether or Capture Pilot preferences?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm

For clarity it maybe helps to explain that you use a Phase One IQ2 or IQ3 back, which I assume you do? DSLR shooters might not understand your post at all, I suspect.

Interesting question by the way. :wink:
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture Pilot for iOS