color editor 2 colors?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

color editor 2 colors?

Postby Pareshk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi - I can select 1 color, click inverse, & desaturate the rest of the image. Is there a way I can do this with 2 colors & still desaturate the image except for the 2 colors? Thanks
Paresh
Sony Rx 100 camera
Win 7
Pareshk

Re: color editor 2 colors?

Postby cdc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:28 am

Yes, there are a few ways. Using the basic tab in color editor desaturate the master color selection then go to the two colors you'd like to keep saturated and raise their saturations levels. You may need to adjust the color wheel slices to refine your color selections.

Or use the Advanced tab to select your first color, invert the slice, & desaturate the rest of the image. Then select your second color and without inverting the slice add saturation. Alternatively in the advanced tab if you press the + button all of the colors will be selected and you can desaturate the entire image. Then with the color picker select the two colors you'd like to bring back and raise the saturation on them, similar to what I suggested with the basic color tab. The advanced color tab has a broader range of adjustment so will give more options.
cdc

Re: color editor 2 colors?

Postby Pareshk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Great - thank you, I wouldn't have thought of that!
Paresh
Sony Rx 100 camera
Win 7
Pareshk

Return to Capture One 11.x Software