Capture One Camera Support > new Canon EOS R > from when?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Windows

Re: Capture One Camera Support > new Canon EOS R > from when

Postby FlyingDutchman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you for clearing that up!
FlyingDutchman

Postby AiDon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:58 am

Bose wrote:I can't wait for CR3 and Tethering support! 8)

There is tethering support for the M50 in 11.3.1 so I would expect there will be for the EOS R
AiDon

Postby RedRobin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:
jcboyer wrote:Hooray… CR3 is supported in 11.3.1
Still a work in progress, imo.

It is still officially unsupported, as it is still work-in-progress, as you point out.

.... That's good news that we now know that CR3 is being worked on. I have just bought a Canon EOS R and I only shoot RAW, mostly on a 1DX-2 CR2 format.

So the earliest we might expect it, if ready, will be the next 11.3.x update. I am happy to wait now that I know it's coming and will just store my CR3 files ready.

Just an idea for a temporary workaround : Would it work to load the CR3 files from camera into Canon's latest DPP and then will Capture One be able to edit DNG(?) files?

In other words, DPP would do the RAW conversion and C1 could then edit the resulting files? TIFFS would be inferior.
Robin Procter - Amateur Wildlife Photographer - https://www.flickr.com/photos/114775606@N07/
CaptureOne 12 on Mac OS 10.13.6
RedRobin

Postby FlyingDutchman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Adobe DNG converter (version 11.0) will do the trick for you ;)
FlyingDutchman

Postby Franz1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:53 pm

I am not a Canon shooter but had same Problem on Z7.
I used
Code: Select all
exiftool
to set model name of NEF (exiftool -Model="NIKON D850" *.nef) to 'NIKON D850' and I could process the images.

Maybe this works also with some Canon which have same sensor size.
Greetings
Frank

Shooting with Nikon Z7 with some Irix, Tamron and Nikon glass
Franz1

Postby RedRobin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:34 am

FlyingDutchman wrote:Adobe DNG converter (version 11.0) will do the trick for you ;)

.... Thanks for your reply. However, The website 'Image Alchemist' states as follows :

"Q: Does Capture One support DNG files, and if yes, fully or limited?

A: Yes, Capture One Pro supports DNG files in several ways. Mind the difference between Native DNG (straight out of camera) and Converted DNG (non-DNG format converted into DNG).

Capture One Pro fully supports Native DNG files as any other RAW file format (for example CR2, NEF, IIQ). Capture One Pro also fully supports Converted DNG files that include the original RAW file.

A Converted DNG file without the original RAW file is also supported but with some limitations. A generic DNG profile is used. Note that a camera must be supported in its native format to be supported as Converted DNG file."

Doesn't the line I have highlit in bold mean that as the Canon EOS R camera isn't supported yet, Converted DNG files are not supported?

I guess that I best try it out on a CR3 file that doesn't matter if the original is lost/destroyed.
Robin Procter - Amateur Wildlife Photographer - https://www.flickr.com/photos/114775606@N07/
RedRobin

Postby FlyingDutchman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 am

I can open converted DNG's (from EOS R's CR3 files) in Capture One without a problem so far. It's an extra step so I hope Capture One will be updated soon. Lightroom already supports CR3 but I don't want to switch.
FlyingDutchman

Postby Bose » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am

Any ideas for the release date?
I can't wait to return to shoot tethered and my normal workflow also with this camera...
Bose

Postby Ian3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 am

Nobody on here knows - we're just fellow users. Or if any of us do know because of participating in a beta programme, we would not be able to say because of non-disclosure agreements.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Bose » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:55 am

Ian3 wrote:Nobody on here knows - we're just fellow users. Or if any of us do know because of participating in a beta programme, we would not be able to say because of non-disclosure agreements.

Ian

I think there are also some "Krew" guys here… 8)
Bose

Postby Ian3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:46 am

Bose wrote:
Ian3 wrote:Nobody on here knows - we're just fellow users. Or if any of us do know because of participating in a beta programme, we would not be able to say because of non-disclosure agreements.

Ian

I think there are also some "Krew" guys here… 8)

Yes but they would not say on here either.

Ian
Ian3

Postby David532 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:29 pm

RedRobin wrote:
FlyingDutchman wrote:Adobe DNG converter (version 11.0) will do the trick for you ;)

.... Thanks for your reply. However, The website 'Image Alchemist' states as follows :

A: Yes, Capture One Pro supports DNG files in several ways. Mind the difference between Native DNG (straight out of camera) and Converted DNG (non-DNG format converted into DNG).

Capture One Pro fully supports Native DNG files as any other RAW file format (for example CR2, NEF, IIQ). Capture One Pro also fully supports Converted DNG files that include the original RAW file.

A Converted DNG file without the original RAW file is also supported but with some limitations. A generic DNG profile is used. Note that a camera must be supported in its native format to be supported as Converted DNG file."

Doesn't the line I have highlit in bold mean that as the Canon EOS R camera isn't supported yet, Converted DNG files are not supported?

I guess that I best try it out on a CR3 file that doesn't matter if the original is lost/destroyed.

This is out of date, I have DNG converted from a number of cameras and have definitely not embedded the native format RAW in them. C0 opens them all and applies the appropriate camera profile to them. It definitely does not apply a generic profile. Of course CO must have produced a profile for the camera concerned.

Dave
David532

Postby RedRobin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:47 am

David532 wrote:
RedRobin wrote:

This is out of date, I have DNG converted from a number of cameras and have definitely not embedded the native format RAW in them. C0 opens them all and applies the appropriate camera profile to them. It definitely does not apply a generic profile. Of course CO must have produced a profile for the camera concerned.

Dave

.... Thanks Dave - That is very helpful to know.

Forgiving my ignorance but I don't think that CO has produced a profile for the Canon EOS R yet and so surely I need to wait for CO's support update for this camera?
RedRobin

Postby Keith Reeder » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Ian3 wrote:Yes but they would not say on here either.

Indeed. Why Phase One doesn't make Rule 1 more visible is beyond me:
1 Discussion of unannounced products is not permitted. The “Announcements …” area is the place where announcements will be made.

"Unannounced products" includes the version of Capture One that will support your new camera...
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Bose » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 am

Respect for the rules! so sorry for my contribution to this post…

But…

I think that is quite anti-marketing... I worked with C1(Sony) --> I bought a new camera --> camera is not supported yet --> I wait to spend my money in the PRO version --> I have to process my files! --> I switch to Ligtroom(that support the new camera) --> I learn a new workflow --> maybe I'll never spend my money in C1 again???

Maybe an official response with some (non precise) indications it's the best way... :wink:
Bose

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Windows