Change default sort on filmstrip?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Windows

Change default sort on filmstrip?

Postby TNanos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Is there any way to change the default sort on the filmstrip from "Name" to "Date"? I frequently shoot with multiple bodies, and need the photos sorted by capture time, and not name. Kind of annoying to have to change it to Date each time I enter a folder... If not, guess it's time to file another feature request...

Thanks!
-Tom
TNanos

Re: Change default sort on filmstrip?

Postby ben_US » Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

This isn't currently possible, though I'd definitely suggest sending us the request via the link in my signature. This way we can quantify the user base desire for such functionality.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby gusferlizi » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 pm

ben_US wrote:This way we can quantify the user base desire for such functionality.

Oh come on! That's simply a matter of making the current software work effectively!

Why would you dare push aside this blinding lightbulb that just landed on your desk?

Please do it ASAP.
Praise Kek.
gusferlizi

Postby gusferlizi » Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 pm

TNanos wrote:Kind of annoying to have to change it to Date each time I enter a folder...

I know man... To work around I have been using sessions, importing it all into the capture folder, sorting it there, renaming, etc, and then breaking the shoots down to their folders.
Praise Kek.
gusferlizi

Postby IanL » Fri May 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Sigh, take it easy on @Ben. I work near support and I can tell you that our support team have a very clear picture of what is right and wrong with a product and they know a great idea when they see it. However even a great development organization that listens to support have a ton of other in puts and someone other than support sets the priorities. It is a simple fact of the way development gets done. For the support team to advocate for a software change they need to do it from a position of strength which they get from data. So, if someone from support asks users to log their request they are trying to do what *you* want. We should help them out.
IanL

Postby ben_US » Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Of note, you can also just assign a keyboard shortcut to the View > Sort > Date command.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby gusferlizi » Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm

ben_US wrote:Of note, you can also just assign a keyboard shortcut to the View > Sort > Date command.

Well, thanks. That helps.
Praise Kek.
gusferlizi

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Windows