Capture One 12.0 wish list....?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Windows

Re: Capture One 12.0 wish list....?

Postby Ian3 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am

You can also create several keyword libraries. So I have a keyword library called Nature within which I have top-level keywords such as Bird, Insect, etc. There are hierarchies below that so you might get Bird>Duck>Mallard. I have another keyword library called Places, below which I might have Bristol>Zoo. So if I exported an image of a Mallard taken at Bristol zoo, the keywords I would get in the export would be Bird, Duck, Mallard, Bristol, Zoo, but not Nature and not Places. Also if I chose not to export the Places keywords, I would just get Bird, Duck, Mallard.

Does that work for you?

Ian
Ian3

Postby easycass » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 am

Ian3 wrote:You can also create several keyword libraries.... Does that work for you? Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the comments.

When I first moved from Lightroom, I did try to simplify my hierarchy, and broke it down into the smaller shared library files, but this meant I did lose some levels of organisation. It does work where keywords are used to show actual hierarchical relationships (such as species definition or geographical place), but basically only allows a top level of non-exported category labels (in this case, the shared library names), and any keywords within these files that you only want for organisational labels, get included in the export.

In the end, we can always use such workarounds, but since we are asking for v12 improvements, slightly more robust key-wording facilities in C1 is most definitely something worth asking for I believe...

Thanks again.
easycass

Postby JeremieR » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 pm

The possibility to synchronized capture time from 2 different body like in LR.
JeremieR

Previous

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Windows