Edit In dialog

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Edit In dialog

Postby MikeFromMesa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 pm

I do frequent exporting of images from C1 to Photoshop or other editors for specific types of adjustments and use the Edit In command so the images I send contain the C1 adjustments I have already made. I typically send a tiff because I am working with a raw image and want 16 bit color depth but the Edit In dialog box is always set to a resolution of 300 pixels/inch. I understand why but since I don't print any photos I would like to change the default to 72 pixels/inch and save myself the trouble of doing so every time.

I have tried to find some C1 preference that sets this, but have not been able to. The tiff recipe I have specifies 72 pixels/inch but the dialog always uses the 300 pixels/inch default value. Is there any way to change that?
MikeFromMesa

Re: Edit In dialog

Postby Ian3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm

If you aren't printing them, does it make a difference?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:00 pm

MikeFromMesa wrote:The tiff recipe I have specifies 72 pixels/inch but the dialog always uses the 300 pixels/inch default value. Is there any way to change that?

No. There is no default but it is strange it does not remember your previous setting.

That has not changed in CO12, by the way.

You could send in a request for this. Apart of it makes any difference, as Ian asks, this is a setting and the way Capture One controls this is not how I would prefer it.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby MikeFromMesa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 am

Ian3 wrote:If you aren't printing them, does it make a difference?

Ian

As far as I know 72 pixels/inch is sufficient for digital displays so that is all I need, and I would like to set it as the default.
MikeFromMesa

Postby MikeFromMesa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
MikeFromMesa wrote:The tiff recipe I have specifies 72 pixels/inch but the dialog always uses the 300 pixels/inch default value. Is there any way to change that?

No. There is no default but it is strange it does not remember your previous setting.

That has not changed in CO12, by the way.

You could send in a request for this. Apart of it makes any difference, as Ian asks, this is a setting and the way Capture One controls this is not how I would prefer it.

It does not remember my last setting. I thought it would but, alas, it does not.

In any case I think I have found where the setting is stored so perhaps I can now address this myself. Thanks for your help.
MikeFromMesa

Return to Capture One 11.x Software