Creating Albums from imported folders

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Creating Albums from imported folders

Postby Ben01 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 pm

I'm migrating a fairly large library into C1, with referenced images pre-organised in a simple folder structure, e.g. a folder named 'Events' and sub folders for various collections of images.

Is there any way to auto-create this as a Group > Album set, with one Album per collection (subfolder), rather than manually creating each Album and dragging the images in? That would be pretty time consuming to get them all into the catalogue...

Thanks
Ben
Ben01

Re: Creating Albums from imported folders

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 am

Ben,

As far as I know there is not such a feature of auto-create collection (Group, Album) per import in a catalog, except for import session. But that is not what you are attempting to do, I assume.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Creating Albums from imported folders

Postby Ben01 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you Paul

I hadn't considered a Session import to do this. I'll look into that, to see if it could then work and I could then import the result into a catalogue.
Ben01

Return to Capture One 11.x Software