Workflow Suggestions

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Workflow Suggestions

Postby NNN636549459431988903 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:57 pm

http://www.hcphotos.comI was wondering if I could get some suggestions on an upcoming event. I'll be covering a large convention and shooting approximately 350 people over a 3 day period. I'm going to shoot in a sessions folder but how should I categorize each person? Would I go to next image naming or is there an easier way?

Thanks!
NNN636549459431988903

Re: Workflow Suggestions

Postby cdc » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 am

I would do one of two things. In the Next Capture Naming Format box I would put the tokens [Name]_[4 digit counter] and any other naming info you might want to include, then type each persons name into the name field as you shot them.

Alternatively If you can get your hands on a list of the names before hand I might make folders of each persons name (there are scripts to make a list of folders from a list of names), and then set each folder as the capture folder as you shoot them. In the next capture naming format field have [destination folder name]_[4 digit counter] so the images will be named according the folder they are shot to. It could be frustrating searching through 350 folders of names to find the next capture folder though.
cdc

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Mac