basic operations incredibly slow!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

basic operations incredibly slow!

Postby Gregory_ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:21 am

I'm using the latest version of C1, but it's painful to use.

importing images, and transferring images to a new catalog are excruciatingly slow.

importing a few thousand images takes hours. simply launching C1 can take 15 to 25 mins. (there are now 80,000 referred images in my catalog)

I'm currently transferring 11,000 images to a new catalog, with the aim of reducing the size of my main catalog, hopefully helping it to speed up a little. it's averaging 2s per image. looking at Activity Monitor, C1 is transferring images at around 10 MB/s when my iMac 5K and connected disks can work **far** faster than this. C1 is using less than 1 processor when there are 4 at its disposal. the app estimates that it'll take another 9 hours to complete the operation (although the estimates are **never** even close).

painful!

C1 v11.2
OS X 10.13.6
Cantonese/Mandarin-speaking Caucasian actor/performer based in Hong Kong since 1987.
fb.com/gregory.hokwokwing

Canon 1D Mark III
iMac 27" 2017, 4.2GHz 16GB, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
Multiple HDDs connected via USB3
OS X Sierra 10.13
Gregory_

Re: basic operations incredibly slow!

Postby Michael Naylor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Gregory_ wrote:I'm using the latest version of C1, but it's painful to use.

This is not unusual, its the way it is. My 24,000 images take about 15 hours and I've had to do this more times than I can remember. Do check the image count after each attempt and try to figure out what's missing and why.
Michael Naylor

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Mac