Brush issue still exist in 11.2

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Re: Brush issue still exist in 11.2

Postby asu_chic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm

DAndison wrote:This worked for me.... for a little while and the problem has now come back. I really do hope they sort this out as it is a PITA. Makes it very hard to know what if and when you are actually painting in a mask.

Yep, I am starting to see the same thing. It seems no workaround is a true or lasting fix. If necessary, I will revert once again to CO11.0.1 and call it good. I will NOT upgrade to any future versions of CO until this is fixed. But on the plus side, we do keep getting offers for new styles! That's something I guess. Maybe that's the fix. Apply a style and don't do any masks, no brushes needed. One and done.
asu_chic
asu_chic

Postby Nature Isme » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm

i've also reverted to 11.0.1 on my dual monitor machine. I find it easier to work with the small bugs I've found in that version than with the changes introduced in later versions. I'll test C1 12 when it comes out, but at this point I plan to stay on 11.0.1 until either its functionality is restored in future versions, or I move to a camera or macOS version that need a newer version. Sad. I always looked forward to new versions of C1...
Nature Isme

Postby asu_chic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Nature Isme wrote:i've also reverted to 11.0.1 on my dual monitor machine. I find it easier to work with the small bugs I've found in that version than with the changes introduced in later versions. I'll test C1 12 when it comes out, but at this point I plan to stay on 11.0.1 until either its functionality is restored in future versions, or I move to a camera or macOS version that need a newer version. Sad. I always looked forward to new versions of C1...

I think several of us are in this boat. I started with Version 7 and have upgraded every version. I have also worked with the beta versions. i was delighted and had no issue paying additional when the 3 seat policy was introduced. Now, this issue is really putting a damper on the layers/masking portion of CO, which for me is one of the most critical. I expect to do additional work in photoshop for some required heavy lifting that a raw converter is not designed to do, but, when the product has been functional and then goes backwards in functionality, this is really not a good sign. I would hope that there is resolution in the immediate future, but the chirp of crickets has me worried.
asu_chic
asu_chic

Previous

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Mac