advanced search window improvement suggestion

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

advanced search window improvement suggestion

Postby NN635069030387546413UL » Mon May 28, 2018 5:08 pm

I get frustrated with the advanced search window but perhaps I am using it wrong!

I find the 'simple' search pop up adjacent to the browse section is unusable, I always have to expand it to the Advanced Search pop up window.

It would be a large improvement to my workflow if the advanced search /window was always present at the top of the browse section (or to the right or left depending how you orientate your window _ I always have my browse thumbnails vertically on the right and toolbar section on the left). It could be minimised in place but would never appear as a separate window floating over the main edit window.

Another quibble with the advanced search window is that changing the search criteria randomly scrolls my browse thumbnails to somewhere completely different, very annoying when your working through hundreds of thumbnails!

Not sure if this is the place the correct venue for improvement suggestions or not!
NN635069030387546413UL

Re: advanced search window improvement suggestion

Postby SFA » Mon May 28, 2018 5:35 pm

NN635069030387546413UL wrote:I get frustrated with the advanced search window but perhaps I am using it wrong!

I find the 'simple' search pop up adjacent to the browse section is unusable, I always have to expand it to the Advanced Search pop up window.

It would be a large improvement to my workflow if the advanced search /window was always present at the top of the browse section (or to the right or left depending how you orientate your window _ I always have my browse thumbnails vertically on the right and toolbar section on the left). It could be minimised in place but would never appear as a separate window floating over the main edit window.

Another quibble with the advanced search window is that changing the search criteria randomly scrolls my browse thumbnails to somewhere completely different, very annoying when your working through hundreds of thumbnails!

Not sure if this is the place the correct venue for improvement suggestions or not!

Enhancement requests are best addressed to the Management Team through the Support Case system.
SFA

Return to Capture One 11.x Software