Tethering Networking Cache issues

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Tethering Networking Cache issues

Postby B.Sadr » Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 pm

I believe I am having issues with the Session's caches and I was hoping someone could help me out here cause I wasn't able to find a solution yet.

The setup/problem is as follow:

- Mac Pro (Bin) networked/connected to a MacBook Pro via Thunderbolt cable
- Mac Pro has Session A open and MacBook Pro Session B (empty)
- Shooting/Tethering into Mac Pro Session A (Preference Setting - Pack as EIP when importing and capturing)
- When shooting Shot 1 is done I copy Shot 1 Folder and transfer to MacBook Pro into Session B
- Art Director is editing Shot 1 on MacBook Pro, while the photographer continues shooting Shot 2 into the Mac Pro
- Shot 1 is finished being edited on MacBook Pro
- Shot 1 Folder on Mac Pro is deleted and replaced with the new edited Shot 1 Folder from the MacBook Pro
- When viewing the new edited Shot 1 folder in Session A on Mac Pro, either some Ratings (stars) are missing or all are
missing. Only solution is to close Session A and open another random Session on the Mac Pro then close that and reopen
Session A and all Ratings show up. But sometimes I have to do this 4-5 times before all the ratings show up

This opening-closing Sessions to get all the Ratings is very frustrating and time-consuming since these shoots are very fast paced.
Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

The only thing I can think of is Cache issues but I delete the entire older folder including the Cache folder inside of it but that doesn't do anything. Unless Capture One is looking at a different Cache folder hidden deeper inside of the system...??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

B
B.Sadr

Re: Tethering Networking Cache issues

Postby B.Sadr » Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 am

No one?
B.Sadr

Postby ben_US » Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm

This may be best suited for a support case (via the link in my profile), but maybe I can help here. The session is likely not looking for an update to the EIP since it's in the same directory, has the same name and creation date. If you pop the 'edited' group of EIPs in a different folder (Say, [session folder]/Capture/Edited), do the ratings/labels appear?
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby B.Sadr » Tue May 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Hey Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not able to test it at the moment but have a question for when I try this out. Does this new folder have to have a new name or can I keep the original name? I have created recipes based on the folder names (Session Sub Path)

Thanks
B.Sadr

Return to Capture One 11.x Software