upgrading from version 9

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

upgrading from version 9

Postby dan329 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Converting from version 9 to 11 and the transition hasn't been as smooth as expected.

Updating software shouldn't be the end of a productive workflow, with that in mind, I'm hoping this is just user error. After using this app for so many years, it's very frustrating to feel so lost.

In versions 6, 7, 8 and 9. I used a specific folder on my hard drive where I would put all of my images to be converted "product photographed to be converted": Within that folder I would make a sub-folder for each product that I was shooting.. Product A, Product B, Product C... etc.

As I shot each product, I would put those images in their own unique folder separated by product. When I processed each group, CP1 would place the RAW conversion information inside the respective folder to be saved with the RAW files.

When using previous versions of CP1, I would go to my folders menu ( under library ), select my "product photographed to be converted" process folder and any and all of my sub-folders that I had moved into that folder ( outside of CP1 ) were automatically listed. The software recognized that if I clicked on that folder, I wanted to see what was inside of that folder. Without any importing necessary.

Clicking on any sub-folder listed inside that folder revealed the thumbnail previews for that sub-folder, where I would do my corrections, save the images, and the sidecar info would save within that folder.

Within version 11, I choose my folder to process, nothing shows up under that folder. I can import each sub-folder, but it only recognizes those contents, if I change anything I have to re-import. If I want to work with new sub-folders, it requires another import. This is extremely poor way to work when you are not set up that way.

It might work easier if I were able to import the images directly from camera, but CP1 doesn't support wireless tethering with Canon cameras, so I have no choice but to do that part manually. But I'm wondering if I'm just not using the right settings to make it like it used to be. Is there a good way to make version 11 work as well as version 9?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
dan329

Re: upgrading from version 9

Postby ben_US » Mon May 21, 2018 6:36 pm

It sounds like you were working in a session in version 9 and are now in a catalog in version 11, is that correct?
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Re: upgrading from version 9

Postby dan329 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:10 pm

it was actually called a catalog, but playing with sessions in 11, it does feel more like sessions... I think my first problem was trying to import the old stuff.. It was creating nothing but headaches. starting a new session it starting to feel more like home.. thanks for the feedback!
dan329

Return to Capture One 11.x Software