Backing up on quit

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Backing up on quit

Postby lisaroseATL » Thu May 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello!

I didn't see a 'feature request' or 'tool suggestions' section so, I'm just throwing this out there.

Upon quitting CO, I have it set to ask to backup. What I would like to be able to do is, when I do choose to select backup on quit, just let it go and leave it alone and Capture One will automatically quit upon finishing the backup. But, I have to return to the app, go to the dialogue notifying me backup was successful, and then select 'ok' to finally leave the app. My catalog is rather big so my backup does take a minute, and I usually move on to something else while its going. Then, eventually I will return and finally quit the app.

If it is that concerning that the backup may not be successful then, the process could interrupt and notify of an incomplete or problem backup and ask if you would like to try again or some other repair option. But this would only show up should there be a problem. A successful backup would automatically close the app without any warning or notification.

It seems small but it is about 2 extra steps when your leaving the app that you really don't need.

Thanks for listening to my humble opinion and have a great day!

Lisa R. :idea:
lisaroseATL

Re: Backing up on quit

Postby ben_US » Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm

This isn't possible in Capture One currently, though I would suggest sending us a formal feature request via the link in my profile.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 11.x Software