Lost work after copying session.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Lost work after copying session.

Postby Hendriks » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello,

Finished work in a session and produced some output files.
Copied total session folder to another place on my NAS.

Opened that session and saw only unprocessed files.
The trash filed with the trash and the output with the processed jpeg's.
In the capture one folder i find mask etc files whit a time just before producing output.
The database file is much older, 2 or 3 hours.

Had somebody this problem and found a solution? I did a lot of masking.

regards toine
Hendriks

Re: Lost work after copying session.

Postby SFA » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm

If you have .cos and .comask files with the correct dates and times in a Settings110 folder just start a new session and point it to the image folder (or folders one by one) and the new session should pick up your edits.

Why the copied session shouldl have an old cosessiondb file is hard to guess but a NAS will have its own way of doing stuff and if it was the copy that was incomplete the results might be unpredictable.

You could also try opening the copied session file and then opening the copied image folder(s) as well to see if it sorts itslef out. Have a back around though.

These suggestions are offered on the basis of the description you provided.

Is the original session folder structure and its contents still available somewhere else on your machine or your NAS?

Grant
SFA

Re: Lost work after copying session.

Postby Hendriks » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:46 am

Dear Grant, thank you for your support.

Somehow i could get my work back and work on it.
I made a new folder, made a new session in that folder. copied RAW's and the old Captureone folder into the new folder.
And it works, but the structure of this new session folder is complete weird, a copy of this folder does not work.
When i have a little bit more time and courage i will try to do it systematically and hope to get a standard session folder.

ps some of my session have in the main directory a folder called Captureone others not, they are as described in manuals.

regards
Hendriks

Return to Capture One 11.x Software