R/G/B levels not responding to crop

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

R/G/B levels not responding to crop

Postby jamescockroft » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 am

I use the levels panel to color correct negatives that I scan with my dslr. (don't ask)

In all versions of 8, 9, 10, and 11.0, when I crop out the sprockets and all, the R/G/B levels showed only the parts of the image that were left after crop.

11.1 shows the histogram for the whole image, regardless of crop.

I'm probably not explaining it well, but trust me, it's different in 11.1, and, for me, different=broken.
jamescockroft

Re: R/G/B levels not responding to crop

Postby Ian3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 am

I agree. And it's not just the Levels tool - the same goes for the histogram. In 11.0 if you crop the image, the histogram reflects the parts of the image in the cropped area only. So for example, if you crop a picture so as to exclude a corner with an overblown highlight, the histogram no longer shows the histogram bunched up on the left. Bit in 11.1, the histogram does not change when you crop.

I think it must be an unintended bug, and it's worth raising a support case.

Ian

Edited to add: I have reported this in a support case. My reference number is 286628. I suggest you report it too.
Ian3

Re: R/G/B levels not responding to crop

Postby Ian3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:57 am

And here is a reply to my case already.

Hi Ian,

You are correct.

Im afraid this is a small bug we have found at the moment.

We are working quickly to fix this.

Kind regards

Phase One Support

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 11.x Software