Sessions take a very long time to open.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby detroitechno » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 am

Capture one is just bouncing in the dock on my main computer. I thought the app was completely gone so I've forced quit it more than 10 times, I've reinstalled the app and I've rebooted my computer.

The projects take a very long time to open. The app just bounces in the dock. It happens with all projects, I thought the program was completely gone but the sessions eventually open.

I created a new empty session and it also took at least a minute to open. I'm opening projects from two different work SSDs.

They open fine on my work laptop, just not my work iMac.

Any ideas? :-/

Thanks for any help!
detroitechno
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:03 am

I would try deleting the the com.phaseone.captureone11.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences. And also the same for captureone10 and earlier version if they are still present.

When Capture One starts with an empty session its has nothing to do except parse this file.

After force quiting a large number of times, its quite possible the plist file has accumulated some garbage.

(There's little risk in this, but if you really want to be safe, rename the files instead of deleting. Then if all is still good after a couple of days, delete the renamed files)
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby Corey Riggle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:33 pm

I haven't seen a session get corrupted lately, but it does happen. I'd just delete the session file, make a new one and rebuild all the folders and favorites in the new session.
Corey Riggle
NYC
Digital Capture Specialist
Corey Riggle
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby ben_US » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Eric Nepean wrote:I would try deleting the the com.phaseone.captureone11.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences. And also the same for captureone10 and earlier version if they are still present.


Do this via Terminal instead of Finder:
Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone1

or

Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone10

as this plist is cached by the system and replaced if deleted via Finder
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby Emile » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 pm

ben_US wrote:
Eric Nepean wrote:I would try deleting the the com.phaseone.captureone11.plist file in ~/Library/Preferences. And also the same for captureone10 and earlier version if they are still present.


Do this via Terminal instead of Finder:
Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone1

or

Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone10

as this plist is cached by the system and replaced if deleted via Finder


Just for clarification, are you sure that first line is correct? Shouldn't it be like this:

Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone11


11 at the end makes more sense than 1...
Fujifilm, Mac, Capture One user since v3.0
Emile
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: New York

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby detroitechno » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks for the help!!!

I performed this in terminal: defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone11

Still, any session I open just bounces in the dock.

Takes 3 (mildly terrifying) minutes on average to open a session.
detroitechno
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby JustBobF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 pm

I had that problem once. Turns out Capture was trying to open two or three Sessions at the same time. Didn't know it because each Session would open directly on top of the other.

You might want to try closing the Session you are looking at and seeing if there is another underneath.
JustBobF
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Sessions take a very long time to open.

Postby Eric Nepean » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:54 pm

detroitechno wrote:Thanks for the help!!!

I performed this in terminal: defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone11

Still, any session I open just bounces in the dock.

Takes 3 (mildly terrifying) minutes on average to open a session.

Time to open a support ticket. I don't use sessions much, but I just opened one with 1150 images in well under 5 seconds.
Cheers, Eric
[late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, external SSDs. GX8, E-M1, GX7, GM5, GM1 ....]
Eric Nepean
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am
Location: Ottawa


Return to Capture One 11.x Software



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest