Troubleshooting: Moving A Session

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Troubleshooting: Moving A Session

Postby Globalksp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 am

Update: I'm leaving this here since it was an issue. I resolved it by deleting all of the Session Favorites and creating new Session Favorites from the shot folders in their new location and everything seems to be OK now. This is the 2nd issue I've had today (I know, shitty computer day) related to Session Favorites. Is there more reliance on Session Favorites for behind the scenes workings with C1 11 that I'm not aware of? The literature doesn't make it seem so.

Not sure what's going on, but I'm having some struggles this weekend! Mercury is almost retrograde, be careful, y'all!

The instructions for moving a session within C1 11 are found here https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO11/Organizing-Photos/Working-With-Sessions/Organize-Images-Sessions.aspx#item3

Unfortunately, they fall short of telling you how to go about troubleshooting if your moving of a session fails to go as it should.

Current issue:
Created a session on Drive A (accidentally) and shot the job to it.
After the job, with C1 closed, I moved the session from Drive A to Drive B.
Opened the session from Drive B and began editing and retouching work.
Now, I'm finished that work and deleted the "old/original" session folder from Drive A.
When the session is again opened from Drive B, it's current and correct home, all the images are missing/unlinked.
A verify did nothing for me.

Thankfully it was backed up and successfully restored to Drive A, but I now have a session located on Drive B pointing to capture folders on Drive A and for the life of me, I can't get it to stop without losing all of my work. I've tried various iterations of moves, session copies, etc.

Any help?
Globalksp

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Mac