Capture One 12.0 wish list....?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Re: Capture One 12.0 wish list....?

Postby Bokehphile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 am

1. I'd also vote on the gradients front, but first and foremost a 3-knot linear gradient which I haven't found an easy way to reproduce. Circular gradient second.
2. HDR and focus stacking. What's the point in shooting these in raw if we can't do it on the raw development software. It's the first step anyway.
3. Luminance masks.
4. Keep improving the layers. E.g. copy-paste data from layer to layer. Maybe use other images as layers in regards to the stacking support.
5. HDR file support. The software is designed to work with high dynamic range images, seems like an oversight that .hdr files can't be imported.
Bokehphile

Re: Capture One 12.0 wishlist....?

Postby nothing » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:43 am

IanL wrote:Ability to put cloned variants into collections separate from their parent variant. What I want to do is create cloned variants and then put one into my B&W collection and one into my panorama collection each with totally different edits.

+1, very important feature for proper asset management

Also would be great to see zoom popup for keystone adjustments to have better control for micro positioning of key points
nothing

Postby SFA » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:58 am

nothing wrote:
IanL wrote:Ability to put cloned variants into collections separate from their parent variant. What I want to do is create cloned variants and then put one into my B&W collection and one into my panorama collection each with totally different edits.

It is possible to do this using a Smart Album and your preferred IPTC information field. Keyword is the obvious choice but Category or Intellectual Genre or Scene, etc., might be preferable and are available. The Smart Album definition would need to use the comparison criteria "contains" rather than, for example, "equals".

nothing wrote:Also would be great to see zoom popup for keystone adjustments to have better control for micro positioning of key points

Once the keystone tool is activated it is possible to zoom into the image with the tool still active. (Or zoom and then activate the tool.)

The Space Bar can be used (Press and hold) to display a thumbnail of the image with a box for the visible window which can then be dragged around the full image area to locate the tool's key points.

Would this provide the functionality you need?

Grant
SFA

Postby Ian3 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Once the keystone tool is activated it is possible to zoom into the image with the tool still active. (Or zoom and then activate the tool.)

The Space Bar can be used (Press and hold) to display a thumbnail of the image with a box for the visible window which can then be dragged around the full image area to locate the tool's key points.

On a Mac, at least, you have to right click to get the box to drag around. So if the keystone tool is engaged, you have to press and hold the space bar (to temporarily get the hand tool) AND then right click to get the draggable box.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Ian3 wrote:

On a Mac, at least, you have to right click to get the box to drag around. So if the keystone tool is engaged, you have to press and hold the space bar (to temporarily get the hand tool) AND then right click to get the draggable box.

Ian

On windows you just need to move the hand tool onto the draggable box.

Actually that's not quite true now.

IF already zoomed in Space bar gets the thumbnail , the draggable box and the hand tool outside the thumbnail.

However, Right click gets the thumbnail, the draggable box and the "hand" positioned on the draggable box in one action.

As I recall the right click was an enhancement a release or two back but with Windows there was a glitch that caused a few problems with the functionality. Quickly fixed in the next release.

I thought initially it all sounded cumbersome but since I use a track pad on a notebook it's actually rather easy and convenient!

I'm sure I lose out in other ways but for this the trackpad approach it's great.

Whether the functionality that is available appeals to the poster "nothing" I have no idea but I got the impression they thought it was not possible in any way so I thought it would be a good idea to suggest it as at least some sort of solution.

Grant
SFA

Postby nothing » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:27 am

SFA wrote:
nothing wrote:

It is possible to do this using a Smart Album and your preferred IPTC information field. Keyword is the obvious choice but Category or Intellectual Genre or Scene, etc., might be preferable and are available. The Smart Album definition would need to use the comparison criteria "contains" rather than, for example, "equals".

Yes, its possible, but very inconvenient, cumbersome and requires quite a bit of manual work on IPTC tagging. Also it makes very difficult to track image variant usage from master album to particular smart album. Another problem is with "Delete" function - if you select variant in the smart album and press "delete" C1 removes variant from that album and source image (along with all variants) from parent project.

SFA wrote:
nothing wrote:Also would be great to see zoom popup for keystone adjustments to have better control for micro positioning of key points

Would this provide the functionality you need?

Yes, it can be done like you mentioned, but it would save quite sometime on zoom in/out/pan with simple and small popup zoomed window/area around control point, once you start moving that control point.
nothing

Postby SFA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 am

Delete from a smart album is a matter of removing the connection to the smart album search.

Deleting the variant entirely but only the variant dies require taking the time to visit the original file and the full set of variants in that case.

I think there may be subtle differences dependnet on whather using catalogues or sessions (or, potentially, both.)

I suspect there may be ways to make the IPTC tagging less cumbersome but that might depend on your currently preferred work flow.

Grant
SFA

Postby NNN636165693242495433 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Maybe it's possible already but not sure how to do it, but when on a mac version you can have the toolbars and library bars auto hide so you can view the image larger. Would love to have this functionality in the windows version going on.
Richard Shinn Atlanta Headshot and Portrait photographer
https://www.rshinnphoto.com/
NNN636165693242495433
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN228553UL1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Well after the huge disappointment of Media Pro being discontinued and trying out the catalog functions of C1Pro, which IMHO are not nearly as good as what I had before. I really think the emphasis should be on a good DAM solution. I have been with Capture One since Version 3 (I think) and have really come to trust Phase One with my photos. You can imagine how gutted I feel. I have even started looking around for other solutions, a thing I never thought would happen. :(
Neil
NN228553UL1

Postby Payne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:08 am

Sorry for this words, but all of that is bullshit!
C1 has great workflow and instruments, but does'nt have a great performance! Please, in new version give us interaction wich all cores of the processor and with nvme ssd's to to disclose the full potential of a pc!
Payne

Postby Aldor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 pm

My wishes:

1. Layer Blend Modes
2. Luminosity Masks or BlendIf / Blending Range feature
3. Radial Gradient
4* As a bonus for 12.5 :) Content aware Healing Brush
Aldor

Postby NNN636720572641791765 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Wish List

Considering the move from LR to C1. using 11.2 in trial mode

1 - Facial recognition to match what LightRoom has. Will never be able to bring over my Catalogs from LR and be fully in C1 until this feature is implemented.

2 - The option to overwrite when exporting. Should be able to set this up as a remembered choice for a given export.

3 - The ability to permanently dock the Brush Settings so it is always in view

4 - The ability to have the Brush Settings, Auto Mask check box toggled via a keyboard key

5 - The ability to change the the size of the brush using the Wheel mouse.
--- I am aware of the [ and ] keys. I wish to be able to change the size of the brush even faster by way of the wheel mouse.
--- This is the default behavior of the wheel in LR when working with brushes.
--- I find this very efficient as the size of the brush is a critical adjustment.
6 - Additionally, allow shift, alt and or ctl to adjust the Hardness and flow.

7 - Enhancement to Focus Mask:
--- The ability to see the focus points used by the camera. This information is in the Exif data. Please show it as well on the Focus Mask.
Options should be:
--- Show Focus mask (sharpest areas) only
--- Show Camera Focus points only
--- Show both Focus mask and Camera Focus points

Mark
NNN636720572641791765

Postby R_Yosha » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:15 am

Search function in keyboard shortcuts would be very useful.

Option for overwrite or not when exporting files.
R_Yosha

Postby Tom-D » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 am

I have thought of what would speed up the workflow of wedding photographers and others.

I have also written phase one and hope very much that it will be used.

I cannot write more about it.
Win 10 x64, Intel 7820X, 64 GB Ram 2666mhz, Quadro RTX 5000, M.2 2x 1 TB OS an now used Images, 4x HDDs / Backup.
Tom-D

Postby C-M-B » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Since it didn't get fixed yet again: FIX THE WACOM ISSUES!

It's not Wacom, the tablet works perfectly fine in Photoshop and Windows in general. It has to be a capture One specific problem.
C-M-B

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 11.x Software