import C10 setup

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

import C10 setup

Postby BryceSteiner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm fairly new at Capture One. I started with 10 in October. I've since downloaded the update to C11 and it installed fine but it's as if it's a new program. I would like it to have imported all of my recipes/settings/desktop/layout/ etc. into 11 so I don't have spend hours recreating it all. Did I miss a step?
BryceSteiner

Re: import C10 setup

Postby SFA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:43 pm

I'll leve it for someone else to talk about what happens upgrading on a Mac (Windows usually checks and finds the relevant entries unless there is a glitch somewhere along the line (rare) in whcih case a second attempt will usually work I believe.

On a Mac, in the event that the application is looking some place other than where the customisations are or just cnnot find them, they are stored as plists.

The whole set can be copied (to a different machine for example) so can be copied internally too.

That said it may be a permissions thing?

A quick search of the forum should help more than I can - the topic is not uncommon.

Or a Mac user may be along shortly to help out.

Grant
SFA

Postby Tibor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi Bryce,

Library / Application Support / Capture One is the place for your custom Keywords, Recipes, Styles, Templates, Workspaces, ...

I always do a clean install of C1 following these instructions https://captureintegration.com/how-to-cleanly-uninstall-capture-one-pro-on-os-x-10-7-10-8/ and then after new installation I just copy my custom items to the respectful folders or I create a new folder named Templates or Workspaces, ... (i.e. Library / Application Support / Capture One / Workspaces for my workspaces).

As for Preferences, I set them anew with each version after a new installation before I start working.

Hope this helps.
Tibor

Postby BryceSteiner » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:58 am

I started up the C1 11 and now my recipes are there. I'm not sure what the difference is, but that's what seemed to work.
BryceSteiner

Return to Capture One 11.x Software