C1 for Sony

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

C1 for Sony

Postby picman2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Is Capture One Pro for Sony EXACTLY and COMPLETELY the same as Capture One Pro (except the choice of cameras of course)?
picman2

Re: C1 for Sony

Postby John Doe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm

picman2 wrote:Is Capture One Pro for Sony EXACTLY and COMPLETELY the same as Capture One Pro (except the choice of cameras of course)?

Yes it is.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby kavehv » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 am

What would happen if I have a catalog created in Capture One Pro 10 that has a mixture of Canon and Sony RAW files, and I decided to upgrade to Capture One Pro 11 for Sony? Given my older Canon RAW files already exist in that catalog, would I be giving anything up by just moving the Sony version for the next Capture One Pro version?
kavehv

Postby HansB » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 am

You can give it a try: deactivate your license and use the Sony version in trial mode.

I expect your Canon images will be read-only, no editing, no processing, no printing. Sony Express/Pro means Sony only.

Regards,
Hans
HansB

Postby kavehv » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:25 pm

HansB wrote:You can give it a try: deactivate your license and use the Sony version in trial mode.

I expect your Canon images will be read-only, no editing, no processing, no printing. Sony Express/Pro means Sony only.

Regards,
Hans

Hmm...it would seem all the images are there, but cannot be retouched by Capture One Pro in sony mode. Essentially if you want to go back and re-edit a RAW, you can't do that in the Sony mode.
kavehv

Return to Capture One 11.x Software