Possible Layers Bug?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Possible Layers Bug?

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Once I create a new layer, do some masking with the masking brush, right-click on layer's name (in tools panel), get the dialog window, click on "Refine Mask", check "Grayscale mask", I can't uncheck it no matter what. Yes, I will uncheck it, click ok but it will remain grayscale.

Hope I explained the problem.
Irvin.Gomez

Re: Possible Layers Bug?

Postby Jim_DK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Is it possible that what you are seeing is the modal window "Refine mask" is blocking the UI interaction below?
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Jim_DK wrote:Is it possible that what you are seeing is the modal window "Refine mask" is blocking the UI interaction below?

Nope.

After a lot of looking around for some solution, went for Alt-M shortcut and all went back to normal. It seems this is the only way to enable-disable the greyscale masking feature (which works great, btw!).

Perhaps I'm missing something? Is there any other way of enablind/disabling this feature? The shortcut works well. Just wondering?

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Irvin.Gomez

Postby Jim_DK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Click hold the brush icon in the layers tool. It should reveal the menu for show/hide mask options. But the shortcut is preferable IMO.
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Jim_DK wrote:Click hold the brush icon in the layers tool. It should reveal the menu for show/hide mask options. But the shortcut is preferable IMO.

Thanks, Jim

I did that. Does not work.

When the gray mask is enabled, click-holding the brush icon does bring up the dialog window. You can see the "Display Grayscale Mask" checked. If you click on the checkbox to un-check it, nothing happens.

As far as I know, only the shortcut works. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.
Irvin.Gomez

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Irv00 wrote:
Jim_DK wrote:Click hold the brush icon in the layers tool. It should reveal the menu for show/hide mask options. But the shortcut is preferable IMO.

Thanks, Jim

When the gray mask is enabled, click-holding the brush icon does bring up the dialog window. You can see the "Display Grayscale Mask" checked. If you click on the checkbox to un-check it, nothing happens.

It works slightly different via the GUI (compared to the shortcut). To disable the Greyscale Mask you select another mask options.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 am

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
Irv00 wrote:

Thanks, Jim

It works slightly different via the GUI (compared to the shortcut). To disable the Greyscale Mask you select another mask options.

It's pretty confusing. For example: if gray mask is enabled, you right-click on a layer's name. Pick "Refine Mask", for example. The "Refine Mask" dialog opens up - and it includes the "Display Grayscale Mask" option checked. All that is fine and expected.

What is unexpected is that you un-check the "Display Grayscale Mask" option and hit apply - expecting the grayscale mask to go away - and nothing happens!

So, why have an option that does nothing? That is confusing at the very least. Does it amount to a bug? I don't know, but it's certainly something that could/should be addressed.
Irvin.Gomez

Postby CCWH » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi,
How to switch easily between the 4 mask mode :
Never (M)
Always (M)
When drawing
B/W (Alt+M)

I don't found any shortcut for "When drawing"..
Could you help me ?
CCWH

Return to Capture One 11.x Software