Fuji and Sony in one Free Version

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Fuji and Sony in one Free Version

Postby NNN636734899292355471 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm

I´m shooting with Sony and Fuji Cameras and started using C1. I installed the Fuji Version. How can I use my Sony files in the same C1 Version?

Thanks for your help.

Best Matthias
NNN636734899292355471

Re: Fuji and Sony in one Free Version

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 am

If you are using the trial you can choose which one to run when you start C1.

If you have a "paid for" activation you would need to have the full Pro version activated to use both RAW file types in the same activation.

If you are using the free Express version for Sony and the free Express version for Fuji it might be possible to "activate" both and simply load whichever one you need when you start up Capture One.

I have no idea if that would work but you could try it as no cost other than a little time.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: Fuji and Sony in one Free Version

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm

It is currently not possible. I already asked Phase One for such a feature as the irony now is that users which multiple cameras from manufacturers for which there is a branded and cheaper version, they have to pay the full Pro price.

Unfair.

Either create a single version/license or sell separate licenses but include the other brand in the license. In other words, a Pro Sony license will enable both Sony and Fujifilm raw & tethering and vice versa.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 11.x Software