Crashing when brushing

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Crashing when brushing

Postby Harro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new C1P user. While I am very happy with the speed and especially the output I'm getting, after keeping on to Aperture for far too long, I have one very frustrating issue. Since a few days ago, C1P keeps crashing on me when brushing or erasing masks for certain layers. Today, I wondered if this issue was caused by Aperture being open when using C1P, so I closed Aperture and restarted C1P. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Then, I turned hardware acceleration off. First only for processing, then also for display. But alas, both did not solve the issue.

Does anybody here know what's happening? This is getting quite frustrating, to be honest.

By the way, I'm using C1P 11 on a 2017 21.5" iMac with a 3.6GHz Core i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM and a 4GB Radeon Pro 560, running macOS High Sierra (10.13.3).
Harro

Re: Crashing when brushing

Postby Christian Gruner » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Please write our Support Team, so they can take a deeper look into your systems and log-files.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby Harro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you. Following your suggestion, I just submitted a technical support ticket.
Harro

Postby Christian Gruner » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm

Harro wrote:Thank you. Following your suggestion, I just submitted a technical support ticket.

I trust they will get you going soon again!
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby Steve Mac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Any update from support on this problem? This has happened several times for us too. Will open support ticket.
Steve Mac

Postby Nature Isme » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm

I've submitted a couple of support requests related to brush behavior and P1 responded very quickly. It seems that they're aware of some issues. Judging by the length of time since the last "dot" update (longer than I recall for previous versions of C1), I'm hoping that they're working to kill the bugs.
Nature Isme

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Nature Isme wrote:I've submitted a couple of support requests related to brush behavior and P1 responded very quickly. It seems that they're aware of some issues. Judging by the length of time since the last "dot" update (longer than I recall for previous versions of C1), I'm hoping that they're working to kill the bugs.

That's a never ending process for any serious software business, Capture One included!
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 11.x Software for Mac