Forum Future?

Discussion regarding all scripting related questions
Please DO NOT post to this thread anything that is not directly related to scripting of Capture One.

Forum Future?

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 pm

@Moderator

I notice that some of the forums have now been deleted, e.g. all the Capture One 12 and older forums are no longer available.

What is the future for this forum - will it be left here, deleted or moved? what will happen to the scripts if you move the forum?

There are some useful scripts and hints here, should we users be working to archive the scripts that we care about?

/Eric
Eric Nepean

Re: Forum Future?

Postby Jim_DK » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi Eric,

I have sent the Capture One support team a memo to look again into moving all the software topics to the new forum, not just the main topics.

I will check in on it to make sure the scripting posts are kept as is.

Watch this space I guess...
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Re: Forum Future?

Postby Eric Nepean » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 am

Hi Jim
Thats good news.

I think we should open the question about what to with some of the longer pieces of code.

I made a test post in one of the other forums, and found that the code sections in the the new forum don't conveniently collapse like the code windows in this forum.

That makes posts with some of the longer scripts quite unwieldy. Hwoever people do use thiose longer scripts.

Some possible choices are
  • Find some way to enable collapsing code sections in the Zen Desk forum (would be convenient but no idea if this is feasible)
  • Put longer scripts into a Github repository

There are a few of us that have discussed a Github repo, and thought it a good idea. Walter Rowe has setup a Capture One repo on Gitub; I will shortly start putting some new scripts there, and posting links.

For existing postings the strategy could be to move the long scripts to the repo, and replace the script with a link to the content in the repo.

If the second choice is is the strategy, one question is, can this be done after the move so we are not on a schedule?

/Eric
Eric Nepean

Return to Scripting